• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Game Idea] Idea

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen Jul 11, 2021
So I had this Idea for a Pokemon game. Basically I want to have all the normal regions up to Kalos with an added two regions which I have yet to think of a name for. Each region will have all 8 badges and the elite four and everything. Basically my idea is to have the player start in one of the two new regions. This first region would be based somewhat on prehistoric times and most of the Pokemon found there would be fakemon based on dinosaurs. Once you finish this region you would move on to Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and so on until you reach Kalos. Each region will have big twists such as new areas and each region will be changed to be based on a different era of time, such as having Kanto be based on caveman times and Kalos be modern times. Anyway, this will keep going until you get to the final region, which will come after Kalos, it will be a far-future-inspired region with lots of new technologies. This region would have 8 badges and a Pokemon league as well. There would be a new type of Pokemon called time Pokemon and they would differ based on the region they are caught in. You would get a boost in stats for time Pokemon if you use them in the correct time era as well. I want to have lots of story based on each time era and I also want to have a good chunk of postgame content and new features like breeding Pokemon from different time eras to create hidden Pokemon. I also wanna have a bunch of new legendaries also based on different time eras. I was just wondering what anyone would think of this idea because I really want to do it.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 5, 2023
While it is good that you have an idea set up and you want to do it, this sort of gives me an idea guy vibe. There's something that I see a lot in this forum where people tend to fill their plate with a bunch of food, not knowing how much time and effort it's going to take to finish it all, and dropping it before you even get to the middle of the plate. I think you should start with a smaller game at first, and then go from there, maybe a small Gen 1 remake or something to test the waters and learn before you go into such a big project.

Having so many regions to do feels like a lot. There's a lot that goes into a Pokemon game, including things like balancing, level design, getting specific Pokeball items in specific places, and having a whole 8 region, 64 badges run with a bunch more Pokemon AND another type to balance out feels like you're biting off more than you can chew. it's great to have these ideas, but an important thing about making a game is learning where to stop and cut away from things.

Start small and simple, and then grow from there.

Back