• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1 year of Pokebank or Pokemon Silver?

Years
  • I got a $10 eshop card and need to decide which is worth more really. I dont have income atm and must decide. Should I get pokemon Silver or should I get Pokebank to transfer my Pokemon from Omega Ruby over to Ultra Moon? I havent had pokebank in like 2 or 3 years now. I have bred a Shiny Charizard, Haxorus, Venusaur, Espeon, and Dragalge all with ideal natures. On the other hand I dont do online battling so keep that in mind as well. If I use the bank I will restart my Y version for another playthrough. If not then I will play pokemon Silver. HELP MEH YO! :3

Ida13

Gone For a While
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2017
    Pokebank has helped me very much.
    I HIGHLY recommend it.
    Pokemon silver?
    Eh.
    Same game as all the others, except old and it has bad graphics.
    Honestly, if you like Lugia a lot I understand why you would get it.
    But if not, then definitely pokebank.

Years
  • Pokebank has helped me very much.
    I HIGHLY recommend it.
    Pokemon silver?
    Eh.
    Same game as all the others, except old and it has bad graphics.
    Honestly, if you like Lugia a lot I understand why you would get it.
    But if not, then definitely pokebank.

well these days you can get a Lugia pretty easily on the GTS. I just kind of miss the Johto adventures. Then again I do have soul silver but...nostalgia. Idk though haha. I know when I went into pokebank that it didnt recognize my Ultra Moon for some reason.

Years
  • Have you updated your Pokemon Bank/Transporter through the eShop since they did the update the other day? That could be why it didn't recognize UM.

And it really depends on what you think you'll get more out of. I mean, there's plenty of ways to play Pokemon Silver, but it is nice having everything on the same console, and knowing that you'll be able to transfer those Pokemon forward if you buy it and then update Bank later. On the other hand, there are some rumors about Crystal coming to the eShop in the future as well, so waiting for that and getting Pokemon Bank now would give you the opportunity to move your Pokemon forward, and let you replay games like Y in the mean time. The final choice is up to you, though!

Oh, and since this is a thread about the games and not the franchise as a whole, I'm going to move this over to Pokemon Gaming Central for you!

MOVED.

Years
  • Have you updated your Pokemon Bank/Transporter through the eShop since they did the update the other day? That could be why it didn't recognize UM.

And it really depends on what you think you'll get more out of. I mean, there's plenty of ways to play Pokemon Silver, but it is nice having everything on the same console, and knowing that you'll be able to transfer those Pokemon forward if you buy it and then update Bank later. On the other hand, there are some rumors about Crystal coming to the eShop in the future as well, so waiting for that and getting Pokemon Bank now would give you the opportunity to move your Pokemon forward, and let you replay games like Y in the mean time. The final choice is up to you, though!

Oh, and since this is a thread about the games and not the franchise as a whole, I'm going to move this over to Pokemon Gaming Central for you!

MOVED.

i'm not saying you suggested emulators but I'm not a fan of methods. But ya I do want to replay Y version again and the pokebank does allow me to transfer my shinies to UM. The thing is I wont be doing competitive since they got rid of the Super Training from Gen 6. That was really the only way I could train because it was easy to understand. EV training in the wild has always been beyond my understanding.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    i'm not saying you suggested emulators but I'm not a fan of methods. But ya I do want to replay Y version again and the pokebank does allow me to transfer my shinies to UM. The thing is I wont be doing competitive since they got rid of the Super Training from Gen 6. That was really the only way I could train because it was easy to understand. EV training in the wild has always been beyond my understanding.

I assume when you are talking about "got rid of Super Training from Gen 6" you are talking about generation 7 games, not games from before generation 6. If so, it's still really easy to train EV's on Pokemon without the use of grinding in generation 7. The Pokepelago in Sun and Moon (and I assume in USUM) has the training grounds for leveling up pokemon EV's (I think it's called Isle Evelup). Maxing out an EV distribution between 3 Pokemon using the Pokepelago takes about 3 days total for me. I personally don't mind waiting the three days for those Pokemon while focusing on something else in the game to keep me busy. It's worth using if you find the EV grind too tedious.

I think you would definitely get more out of the Pokebank than you would out of the VC Silver, especially if you already have Soul Silver available to you. As you mentioned it would also give you the chance to go back and play your generation 6 games without losing any of your Pokemon collection.

Last edited:
    Back