• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Separating two graphics sharing a palette

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    (In FireRed) While in a battle, the symbol indicating a male Pokemon, the line below both trainer's pokeballs at the start of a battle, and the XP bar all share the same palette. The palette values controlling the color are located at 0xD11B94 & 0xD11B9A.

I would like to rectify this, as I plan on changing the color of the xp bar but would like the others to remain unchanged. Unfortunately I cannot figure out how to change this and would appreciate any information as to how to go about it.

So far all I have to go on is the offset the palette starts at (0xD11B84) and the offset for the pointers to it (0x260260, 0x26047C, 0x260484)

EDIT: I was able to change the pokeball lines. The Pointers at 0x26047C & 0x260484 controlled those palettes, and so I just made a new palette and repointed them to it.
    However changing the pointer at 0x260260 results in both the xp bar and the male symbol changing. So I still have no idea what to do there.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    What if you just made the male and female symbol black? And proceed to change the palette? It would save a lot of trouble

That's actually a very simple solution. Kind of laughing at myself for not thinking of that.

I would prefer to not have to do that, I like having the color indication, but if I can't figure out a solution otherwise, I will do that.

You wouldn't happen to know what the image offset(s) for the gender symbols is, would you?

Back