• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need help with BW2 Sprite replacement

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2020
    I'm pretty new to sprite editing in general, I thought replacing the main character (Nate) in BW2 with rival Hugh would be a reasonable task I could accomplish. I managed to have no problem creating and replacing the overworld sprites, that part was tedious (due to creating sprites that Hugh did not have, running, bike, surf etc) yet still fun. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to replace the Fly animation but overall, overworld sprite editing is mostly complete.

My main problems started once I moved on to replacing the front trainer sprites for battle, a lot of the online tutorials for BW2 sprite editing are either very old and lacking in detail or in the case of the front trainer sprite, seemingly nonexistent.

I managed to succesfully replace Nate's back trainer sprite with Hugh's using just Tinke 9.0 but after attempting to do the same for the front battle sprite I run into major issues. If I try and only replace the two sprite files the character will appear in-game as a jumbled mess of floating bodyparts, clearly mapped to a different animation.

So when I attempted to correct this by replacing all of Nate's files for the front animation (including the sptires, .bin files, .RECN, .RCMN & .RAMN) I experience a totally new issue in which his front sprite appears to be invisible in-game with a few frames of visual glitches.

At this point I'm at a loss of what to try next. I'm obviously doing something wrong but because I'm new at this I can't really tell what that might be.

Like I said, tutorials for BW2 are pretty nonexistant right now so I'm hoping someone here can guide me.

Back