• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Some Questions for the TCG

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2018
    OK so I haven't played the training card game in some time now,and by that I mean since the Jungle set came out. But I have recently gotten back into it and I have questions on some things for it.
    I will update this first post with questions as I learn of things my brain just ain't the way it used to be.

My first question is this.
    Say I have two different cards with the same name but different types, could their evolution of the same line evolve from either of the types.
    Example: say I had a Crimson Invasion Salandit( poison/psycic) and a Guardians Rising Salandit(fire type), now would Guardians Rising Salazzle(fire) be able to evolve from the Crimson Invasion Salandit or would it have to evolve from the card of the same type as it?

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2018
    OK so I haven't played the training card game in some time now,and by that I mean since the Jungle set came out. But I have recently gotten back into it and I have questions on some things for it.
    I will update this first post with questions as I learn of things my brain just ain't the way it used to be.

My first question is this.
    Say I have two different cards with the same name but different types, could their evolution of the same line evolve from either of the types.
    Example: say I had a Crimson Invasion Salandit( poison/psycic) and a Guardians Rising Salandit(fire type), now would Guardians Rising Salazzle(fire) be able to evolve from the Crimson Invasion Salandit or would it have to evolve from the card of the same type as it?

As long as the name matches. (Ex. in the upper right corner it should say: Evolves from ______) if the name matches, you're good!

However for special Pokemon like the Alolan types, they usually only evolve from other Alolan Pokemon. All the info you need should be on the card.

Back