• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dark dragon deck energy type

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2017
    We just bought the Dark Dragon 2016 world championship deck. It has several psychic Pokémon that require psychic energy to attack. It no psychic energy. There is double dragon energy but that can only be used by dragon types. Does anyone know how we can use this deck?

Years
  • I looked up the video of the championship game because I was curious too, but they go so fast it's hard to really follow - and I don't think any of the psychic pokemon in that deck were played. I believe it was only Yveltal, Darkrai EX, and Shaymin EX

If I had to guess, the psychic pokemon may be there just for their abilities - HoopaEX allows the player to get up to 3 pokemon-EX from the deck on the turn it's played, and Garbodor cancels out the effect of any other pokemon's ability as long as it has a tool card attached. ShayminEX itself may be there mostly for it's ability as well - when it's played, you can draw until you have six cards. The strategy seems to be to get Yveltal and DarkraiEX out and powered up as quickly as possible - I'd be interested to hear the opinion of someone more versed in competitive play than I am though

Last edited:
    Back