• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Custom Gen 5 Pokedex Skins

supershadow64ds

Confused Noob Programmer
Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Not sure if this is the right area of the forum for this since this isn't exactly a binary hack, but it doesn't really have a place anywhere else given it's uniqueness.

Back in the day, it was possible to create custom C-Gear skins for Pokemon Black, Black 2, White and White 2 using several tools and a lot of patience. The sheer number of custom C-Gear Skins made by both GameFreak and the community really shows how creative people can be. However, no tools (to my knowledge) were ever written for making custom Pokedex Skins. Custom Dex Skins weren't as popular as C-Gear Skins (With GameFreak themselves only ever releasing 7, 2 of which were recolors), and I guess no one really cared enough to figure out how to do it. Well after a day of research, another day of experimentation and finally a third day of video editing, I decided to make my own tutorial for doing so.

Anyways, back story aside, here's the video tutorial:

I know Gen 5 is about 10 years out of date but I hope to see the community start to make custom Pokedex skins in the future. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

BluRose

blu rass
    Years
  • >gen 5 is 10 years out of date
    mate you're saying that to a forum that hacks games that are 16 years out of date

but some good stuff! love seeing ds developments around here, we over at nds kingdom should start posting everything we find before it all poofs

Back