• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Gift or Prize pokemon

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Have you used any of the gift or Prize Pokemon from the Game corner on your playthrough? Like Togepi, Eevee or Extremespeed Dratini. What about the more unusual ones like Shuckle, Tyrogue or Wobbuffet that most people don't use?

I always thought about trying to get Wobbuffet in Crystal for Whitney and for fun.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    When I was a kid, I didn't know about any of these gift Pokemon. This was before I found Serebii.net and the like, and the only thing I had was a guide that didn't list any of that stuff. This time around though, I might at the very least use the Eevee. Man, can't wait for these games to release. Gold was my true childhood.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I didn't use any of them... at least I don't think I did! Togepi is the coolest you could possibly use tbh. Tyrogue is pretty cool too sooo maybe those?

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
    Years
  • I'd use the Odd Egg and Eevee. From the game corner I'd get Dratini. Shame Porygon isn't an option there.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    I'm currently using Eevee, and I want to use Togepi next time. I don't know much about the other gift Pok?mon available.

Last edited:

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • In one team, I used Togetic and the Extreme Speed Dratini. In another, I used and evolved a Magby that hatched from the odd egg in Crystal. I also used Bill's Eevee at least twice; Espeon in one team and Umbreon in another. I don't recall ever using a game corner Pokemon in any of my teams though.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • stop stop stop hold on. wait. you're telling me someone gives you a WOBBUFFET????? it's 2017 and i'm just finding this out?????

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    stop stop stop hold on. wait. you're telling me someone gives you a WOBBUFFET????? it's 2017 and i'm just finding this out?????

actually it's really expensive at Goldenrod game corner, like 1500 coins and it's only in Crystal. But by given I mean given in exchange for coins.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • actually it's really expensive at Goldenrod game corner, like 1500 coins and it's only in Crystal. But by given I mean given in exchange for coins.

OH PHEW okay i knew about that then. i was feeling so embarrassed for a second there!!

Back