• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crashing when moving through a map connection

Years
Hi guys,

I've recently played a few Pokemon games made in RPG Maker XP, and had a lot of fun, so I decided to try and make my own. I bought a copy of the program and I've really been enjoying it so far.

However, I've just started linking my maps together (I've only made a couple of maps so far) and I've been getting crashes for some reason. They happen when moving back and forth between map connections in the space of a few seconds. The game crashes with the following error message:

Code:
Exception: NoMethodError

PokemonField:1405

PokemonField:1402:in `call'

PBEvent:54:in `trigger'

PBEvent:49:in `each'

PBEvent:49:in `trigger'

Game_Character_2:67:in `update_move'

Game_Character_2:6:in `update_old2'

Walk_Run:92:in `update'

Game_Event_:249:in `update'

Game_Map_:349:in `update

I've tried searching the error code and my problem but I haven't managed to find anything...any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
it means you have an event on that map with a tile that isnt there anymore (ie) you shortened the tileset and you left and event (or events) that still have a tile that isnt on the current tileset anymore - an easy fix is to remove the graphics of ALL the events and replacing them with either what they should be or nothing at all (graphics like NPC's and things that aren't on a tileset should not be a problem unless they do not exist anymore)

Years
it means you have an event on that map with a tile that isnt there anymore (ie) you shortened the tileset and you left and event (or events) that still have a tile that isnt on the current tileset anymore - an easy fix is to remove the graphics of ALL the events and replacing them with either what they should be or nothing at all (graphics like NPC's and things that aren't on a tileset should not be a problem unless they do not exist anymore)

I haven't edited the tileset - I'm using the default ones provided in the pokemon essentials download. The only graphics I've modified are the player character's sprites. Could it be related to that?

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I'm not really sure then - try looking it up, I'm pretty sure its been asked a bunch of times before - it happened to me once (or maybe it was similar to this) and I had a tileset error

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
It looks like a tile error to me... Did you change a maps tileset? Because some tiles that were used may not be available on your new tileset.

Years
It looks like a tile error to me... Did you change a maps tileset? Because some tiles that were used may not be available on your new tileset.

Nope, haven't changed any tilesets...Oh well, thanks for the suggestions guys. I guess I'll just mess around with the maps until something works :P

Years
Nope, been sticking to the original tileset. I decided to try linking two other maps and they worked fine, so I remade my first map from scratch and everything is working great now. I still have no idea what caused it in the first place, but at least it's gone. Again, thanks for the suggestions guys!

Back