• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] [Compatibility Issues] Idle Animation script for the player?

Xtr3me

Professional Quitter
Years
So I've searched for days and found 3 Rpg Maker XP scripts that allow an Idle animation when the player isn't moving.

Except, because of the compatibility issues with Pokemon Essentials, two of them crash the game. The third doesn't, but instead of showing the idle animation, it shows the player running in place; that's not exactly what I wanted.

Here's the script: https://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,2653.20.html
It seemed to work fine with others, so I guessed it was compatibility issues.

Anyone willing to check the script and maybe find what could be the problem?
I have zero experience in scripting, so no matter how long I stared at the script, I didn't find anything that could be causing this...

Thank you!

Blake7

To Ignite all people within our nation
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 30, 2018
from line 22 onwards
# set current sprite
@current_sprite = ""
you need to put sprite name in between the " "

Xtr3me

Professional Quitter
Years
from line 22 onwards

you need to put sprite name in between the " "

Wait so if my sprites graphic was 001.png, then what would the script look like?
(I'm sorry if I'm being stupid not understanding this)

Blake7

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 30, 2018
Wait so if my sprites graphic was 001.png, then what would the script look like?
(I'm sorry if I'm being stupid not understanding this)

Yeah the method, the way the script is utilized is not really compatible, I'll try making new conditions using its logic if it can be really used.

Blake7

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 30, 2018
This will work as intended from how it worked on vanilla RPGXP, but it might mess up other stuff.. I'm not sure if it will be stable or not

Attachments

• idle.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 9

Xtr3me

Professional Quitter
Years
Thanks a lot! But could one of you show an example of how I would fill in the script? I'm completely lost to where I should put the name of my sprite. And what does (meta, 1) and all the others mean?

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
Years
Thanks a lot! But could one of you show an example of how I would fill in the script? I'm completely lost to where I should put the name of my sprite. And what does (meta, 1) and all the others mean?
Don't chane anythin from the script, to add idle animation make sure the idle spritesheet is named same as your players spritesheet name except this spritesheet will have "_idle" at the end so if your player sprite is "trchar000" then idle spritesheet name is "trchar000_idle.png"

Xtr3me

Professional Quitter
Years
Thank you so much! This is exactly what I needed and it works great!

Vvm

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
Hello, I was actually looking for a script like this one.
The version provided by mustafa505 works perfectly on Essential V18.1.
Also, I would simply like to modify the speed of the idle animation, so that it is slower than the walking animation.
I tried using the @move_speed method, but without any result.
If anyone has an idea, I thank them in advance.

Back