• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: Shimmering Tempest

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
  • Good, more updates, glad you like the OW so much =)

I'll be working on the trainer sprite and battle backsprite soon. Indy FTW!

And if you want any other OW, feel free to ask.

Years
  • Wow, I've been checking this thread out, and wow! This is amazing! I mean now, I have a perfect banner idea! You make my job a lot easier you know? XD

This will be an awesome banner. Hopefully it's more "epic" then the ones I already made XD

One thing I noticed, and don't get upset with me, is that you seem a bit too uptight. Try and loosen up a bit, not as professional. I know it's a hack and it's serious business, but don't present things in such a formal way! Put a smiley face next to things you like. If you don't know what I mean here's an example:

Oh yes, and Weight of the World has kindly done another banner, this time of a glorious Ho-Oh, so check it out on the front page!
    It seems like you just said it in a formal way XD
    You don't need an adverb for everything XD
    But, i don't know, I mean go on and put a little smiley next to it if you like it (In general, not just the stuff I made you :3 )

But all that aside, this is really looking good!!!! I wonder when you want to submit it to the "Progressing Hacks" forum....
    Can't wait!!!! And Indy looks super awesome XD

I know you'll like the next banner (At least I know you will DrFuji)

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • NiKaNoRoU said:
    Good, more updates, glad you like the OW so much =)

Trust me, it gives the game a much different feeling than an ordinary OW and I have you to thank for it. If only there was some way to pay you back.

And if you want any other OW, feel free to ask.

I've got one more in mind (Female OW), but I'll let you finish up doing whatever you want with the Male OW.

Weight of the World said:
    Wow, I've been checking this thread out, and wow! This is amazing! I mean now, I have a perfect banner idea! You make my job a lot easier you know? XD

This will be an awesome banner. Hopefully it's more "epic" then the ones I already made XD

I made it easier?

I'm also sure it will be more epic - They seem to get better and better as you go along :P

One thing I noticed, and don't get upset with me, is that you seem a bit too uptight. Try and loosen up a bit, not as professional. I know it's a hack and it's serious business, but don't present things in such a formal way! Put a smiley face next to things you like. If you don't know what I mean here's an example:

Poppycock. The senseless notion that I, DrFuji, would stoop to the benign level of charletons and hoodwinks for the the viewing public to revel in the fact that I have lost my deceny and pride to a system of puncuation and mathematical numeration has me rolling on the floor laughing heartily. Why, I should sooner exclaim 'balderdash' than act out that undistinguished scenario.

but ur rite tha7 intrenetz r srs bizness :3333

It seems like you just said it in a formal way XD
    You don't need an adverb for everything XD
    But, i don't know, I mean go on and put a little smiley next to it if you like it (In general, not just the stuff I made you :3 )

I thought I was doing a good job with the smilies...

I'm being much more smiley active here than I am usually on the internet, though I prefer to disable the images of smilies as it seems cleaner to me.

But all that aside, this is really looking good!!!! I wonder when you want to submit it to the "Progressing Hacks" forum....

It's already in Progressing Hacks :P (How's that for a smiley, huh?)

Years
  • I made it easier?

I'm also sure it will be more epic - They seem to get better and better as you go along :P
    thanks????

Poppycock. The senseless notion that I, DrFuji, would stoop to the benign level of charletons and hoodwinks for the the viewing public to revel in the fact that I have lost my deceny and pride to a system of puncuation and mathematical numeration has me rolling on the floor laughing heartily. Why, I should sooner exclaim 'balderdash' than act out that undistinguished scenario.

but ur rite tha7 intrenetz r srs bizness :3333
    lol, that cracked me up

I thought I was doing a good job with the smilies...

I'm being much more smiley active here than I am usually on the internet, though I prefer to disable the images of smilies as it seems cleaner to me.
    whatever you say

It's already in Progressing Hacks :P (How's that for a smiley, huh?)
    I could've sworn it was in scrapbox when I first saw it XD
    When is it eligible for HotW?

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • Heh, heh. Lookin' nice NiKa (Inserted and rearing to go)!

I appear to have run into a problem with the ROM that I'm using, but I'm working my way around it - Whenever I enter a PokeMart, in every town or city, I get a blackscreen of death. I'm about to try some different maps and attempt to figure out what the problem is, so my focus on other aspects of the game are currently shelved until I work my way around this blockade.

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years

I appear to have run into a problem with the ROM that I'm using, but I'm working my way around it - Whenever I enter a PokeMart, in every town or city, I get a blackscreen of death. I'm about to try some different maps and attempt to figure out what the problem is, so my focus on other aspects of the game are currently shelved until I work my way around this blockade.
    Sorry to hear that, it happened to me, too. I think it happened because I was messing with the Mart size...I don't know what the actual cause is.

So, next, I'll work on the female Hero OW/Sprites. Off I go!

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years

Don't change its size.
    If you change the size back to normal, you will still be able to have Marts.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • danknaps said:
    awesome! like the storyline and the name. Good luckon this!

Cool, I hope that you lurk hang around some more - There is always something going on :P

Nepse said:
    I have a question. How do you edit Mewtwo into another Pokèmon when you battle it?

Not really the place to be asking, mate. Just change the Pokemon that you battle with the 'wildbattle' command in XSE. And try here next time.

As I keep saying, school has really done a number on the amount of time that I can spend working on this, but yesterday I somehow got enough to transfer to a new ROM. I just couldn't get those darn Marts to work, but they appear to be fixed with the transfer. With that roadblock out of the way, work will actually be able to move on, rather than be static like its been for the last week or so.

Mods, can the revoltingly spammalicious post above be deleted pl0x?

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    aeWESOME CANT WAIT FOR BETA IF YOU CAN ADD NEW MUSIC THAT WOULD MAKE THE GAME MUCH BETTER

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • This thread has rotted enough - Time to get postin' again
    Fweeee :D

Like I said in my last post, my final year at school has taken a huge chunk out of the time I had avaliable to work on Shimmering Tempest. I'm beginning to find a nice balance between this and studying, so I'm actually beginning to advance somewhat now - But I'm further away from a beta than ever D:

Nepse said:
    When do you think this hack is completed, DrFuji?

I have an idea for a release date in mind, but I don't want to make it official, because possibly unrealistic deadlines can be bad for the psyche. Unfortunately, my psuedo-target time is over a month away D:

coco33 said:
    aeWESOME CANT WAIT FOR BETA IF YOU CAN ADD NEW MUSIC THAT WOULD MAKE THE GAME MUCH BETTER

CAPS LOCK fail much? XD

I have absolutely no idea how to make or insert PokeMusic, and I have absolutely no intention of doing so. I'm sorry but you're going to have get used to the tried and true ditties of FR.

Well, there is a shadier ulterior motive that has led me to revive this thread than to randomly comment on my personal life and answer posts that I was to exhausted to reply to. While I'm not the most artistically gifted person in the world, I have dabble in some cosmetic stuff for the game. I've completed the worldmap, along with aspects of the title screen and boot-up screen, but I cannot not insert them for the life of me (Yes, I have read just about every tutorial I can get my hands on and still nothing) >.>

I got the boot-up screen working perfectly on a blank ROM last night, but cannot seem to replicate it at all in the harsh light of day. So basically, I'm establishing a one off job for somebody here in the ROM Hacking Community. Help me insert the three aformentioned things into a patch or blank ROM (I'm transferring to a new ROM anyway because my Pokemarts are beyond screwed) and you shall be forever immortalised in Shimmering Tempest as a cameo and have your name inscribed in the First Post.

For those of you who can insert stuff like this and want to see a decent beta get out where the town map actually correlates to something, please contact me via PM or in this thread. I'm begging you D:

Anyone brave enough to volunteer?

EDIT: If technically impossible or something, then...

EDIT: Scratch the boot-up screen part. I finally got it working again :D

Spoiler:

Holy God, this 'update' is long :x

EDIT: Shizenhoward. I just got the title screen Pokemon up and running. what is this i don't even. Why are things starting to work now? D:

Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • Over the weekend I've been trialing different title screens and honning in on a style that will suit Shimmering Tempest. Still no luck on the Town Map front though; it seems to be the one thing that I just can't get working at all. I also improved the Boot-Screen, but don't feel like showing it right now :P

Nepse said:
    By the way, I will like to support this hack, but how do you do that.

You can go to your User CP and edit your signature with a banner made by WotW Cloud 9 or my own User Bar, both of which can be found on the first page. Link it to the first page of this thread, and you're done - Or you could just write "I support Shimmering Tempest" or something like that instead :P

Nylonica

Silence...Who needs it!?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2011
    Where and how did you, MrFuji Create thode awesome banners

Years
  • Not to be picky or anything :D But can you change my name on there from Weight of the World to Cloud 9 (username change) Btw, looking great DrFuji, I love your long, long updates :P

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • Nylonica said:
    Where and how did you, MrFuji Create thode awesome banners

I made them with Paint and GIMP on my laptop :P

Cloud 9 said:
    Not to be picky or anything :D But can you change my name on there from Weight of the World to Cloud 9 (username change) Btw, looking great DrFuji, I love your long, long updates :P

Already done, and prepare for another one :P. Once again, thank you for the free great banners XD

Being exactly a month since I last posted here, I think its time for an update now, so I might as well get started :D

I've redesigned the first route that I ever implemented into Shimmering Tempest, though it is currently nameless much like its always been. Anyone who has read the first post or a random update somewhere along the way would have seen a screenshot of me talking to a hiker about burgers. Have a look at the comparison:

Spoiler:

I'd rather not show the actual titlescreen because it sucks :x

After countless updates during which I sounded like a broken record, I can truthfully state that I have completed the move to a clean ROM. I have humbly learnt my lesson about backing up files, so hopefully there won't be any more prolonged instances of non-progression apart from school. Along the way, I realised that a couple of bugs sorted themselves out - Namely, the game doesn't die when you check your Pokemon when in the company of a kid with a gameboy. The Trade Houses shall rise again.

I was going to post up a video detailling gameplay up to when the player recieves their Pokemon, but LagTube is being uncooperative (Sorry NiKa!). I'll be trying again tommorrow, but I guess I'll take the time to ask people here if I should include commentary or not. If nobody feels the need to reply, I'll flip a coin and see what happens :3

I have updated the First Post with a call for a temporary job - Inserting the WorldMap into the game because I've tried and failed so many times its not funny anymore. You'd get the full Alpha before I release it to the public, and your name will be put on the First Post if that's any sort of reward :D

Anyway, that's about it. I still have a couple more scripts to reinsert and I'm doing a bit of cleaning up here and there, but everything should begin to run smoothly for once.

Lurk, coment, rage - Its all good.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    It looks like beta one is almost ready for release, since the only
    place left is Scape Fields.
    And route one looks like a completely different route now!

Back