• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Game Idea] Opinions Pokemon Raftel Project.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2023
    PUkhE7d.png

Hi. I want to use some of my free time to make a game. I have been making the core (scripts testing, adding all existing pokemon) of a project.
    I have a lot of ideas really, but one that i had in my mind since long ago it's to fuse One Piece and Pokemon together. I'm not decided in between how to do this. Here are the options:

1) You play the story as Luffy and follow all the things he has done. (Starting as a kid with Shanks as an example, you appear from a barrel... and visit all the islands he did, etc). Your objective it's to be the "King of the Pokemon trainers" and discover the One Piece. (In this world the devil fruits doesn´t exist)

2) You play as YOU in the One Piece world. This could go 2 ways as this involves a lot of changes in One Piece history.

a. You act as a Luffy like, you visit and do the achievements that Luffy did. Luffy and his crew may or may not exist in this version. (So you are an avatar but you place yourself in the One Piece story)

b. You make your own adventure in the One Piece world, the history will be different from the original. In this world Luffy it's doing his original story and you your stuff parallel to the events of th series. You will encounter Luffy and the other characters of the series in some points and leave your own footprint in history. (This idea will require a lot of history planing, and let's be honest... i will not be able to make a better history than the original right? But it's a possibility.

3) THE "I CAN'T DO THIS ALONE" IDEA. This was one of the first concepts of the idea but it will require so much work that I'm almost discarding it already. This idea is to make Pokemon Essentials into a Pokemon look alike but not a Pokemon game. You do your adventures in the One Piece world and in place of Pokemon you can let people join to your crew... So you fight with them. This would be a really cool idea if a lot of scripts like (You choose who you are at the beginning and you are a fixed fighter of your party) are made. This will also lead to change the wild pokemon system. You will only encounter dangerous animals and random pirates and marines to level up. You will only be able to "capture" in events when you make a bond with a special character. The important characters will be a 1 off fight (ex: Team Crocodile: Himself, Mr1, Mr2,Mr3, etc...). They can reappear later tho. Well, you can imagine how this idea keeps going.
    Some sprites of this idea (just to imagine in combat):
    vcArN8u.gif
    7IkeSLU.png

I will like to hear your opinions so i can decide how the Pokemon Raftel project will continue.
    Thanks for reading all this.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2022
    My opinion is that this sounds stupid, and your time could be spent doing literally anything else.

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2022
    My opinion is that this sounds stupid, and your time could be spent doing literally anything else.

That's not constructive at all. Your time could be spent doing anything other than giving terrible advice.

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2022
    I would say people may not be getting on board with this because 1. You don't have a very clear direction yet. People respond better to solid structure and a strong confidence in your own project. I'd say spend more time developing your idea and choose a set direction. 2. It's not exactly the most original idea. There are games where people copy stories that are somewhat successful like the adventures red/yellow and so on. Yours seems to be leaning towards another game though where they use the same engine as Pokémon but it's all done with dragon ball z characters. Try looking into it. It's not a bad game but it seems like he idea you're going for. Which wouldn't be bad if done correctly

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2019
    Well responder number one decided to be a jerk about it, so let me give you something more constructive

I do not see the appeal of a One Piece x Pokémon crossover. I don't see the appeal of any crossover game like you've described

To me it sounds like you're just trying to combine them for the sake of combining them. Likely because they're two properties you like.

Though I also sort of get the impression you might be, instead, just wanting to make a one piece game and trying to use the largely polished engine of essentials

Either way, I'm doubtful of much notable interest being born on the premise outside your own desire to work on it

Assuming you actually have interest in specifically making a Pokémon game, there is a better way of going about it. If you're using essentials, you clearly need to make a Pokémon game unless you want to basically make an entirely different engine. But if you want to incorporate One Piece... think about makes it special. Remove the story, the characters, the setting... etc... what makes it work?

Once you answer that, then try to make a game that aims to create the same sort of feeling. Don't steal the OP characters or plot points. Just try and make something that is inspired by it instead

If you can do that, you'll be able to connect to a deeper, more fundamental concept that can both satisfy your desire to connect to OP and allow you the ability to make a more appealing, original game

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2023
    Thank you for the feedback. I was just thinking that the world building of One Piece was a nice thing to add to a Pokemon game. And i didn´t saw a problem with the story itself since for the people that don´t care about One Piece they could live that story as any original one to discover. They didn´t need to be fans to like it since in has the good elements of Pokemon plus a better story and world in my opinion.
    But i see that people in Pokemon's community don´t really like the idea of mixing worlds really and they prefer something totally new if possible.
    I will think on my original take for a game. Either way One Piece storytelling and world construction it's an influence to me, so i probably will end putting my own take on the concepts that i appreciate about my influences, but with more liberty.
    Thanks for the feedback again. (Except the first one of course, from someone that don't contribute anything to the community)

Years
  • I don't know but I like the concept Tho,As a One Piece Fan I would love to see a Pokemon X One Piece Fan game.I was thinking the same when I started Developing Dark Platinum (Still Under Work)

Back