• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

CARD GAMES OOC DISCUSSION THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
I just had this mental image of Achan and Tacey going super-saiyan and duking it out. XD Keep in mind that Achan is really not intimidated at all by Tacey since he has no real respect for anyone richer then he is, due to a combination of subconscious jealousy and a sense of justice that dictates 'everyone who lords it over another is bad'. To have him just back down and be submissive to Tacey would be pretty OOC.

And you never said I couldn't bunny your NPCs.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Nyu, sorry for the lack of posting recently. We had a major thunderstorm yesterday morning (Which, considering my chosen metaphor, seems rather ironic xD) which messed up a bunch of trains, temporarily silenced nearly every radio station in the country and screwed up my internet connection. Plus, I've been in a slump when it comes to writing lately. Oh well, hopefully it should be letting up now. :3

Anyways, I think that your last IC was a pretty nice solution; neither one is really winning (And they certainly shouldn't! At least not yet. >O) but they now have a justification for not being physically at each other's throats all the time. xD

Oh, and will there be some actual dueling soon? I want to have a go at it too. It's no fair that Achan got a head start. =O

Last edited:

Jim

Dinner
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 25, 2011
I'm sorry but I'm going to have to drop out, my computer is dead. I'm using somebdoy elses right now obviously >.> but I'm sorry, until I can get my hands on a Vista disc I'm out. ¬_¬

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Oh, yes. Just allow me to summon Tacey a little... competition.... *grins wickedly*

Of course, keep in mind that since at this point in the roleplay all duels are PC vs. NPC, unless it goes against the plot you can pull random opponents from thin air, like I did with farm boy and midget gangster.

And we'll hold a spot for you Jimz, we'll just move the plot along as if your character was in the background. (Lex has already given permission for bunnying of his character so long as the basic personality, etc. are unchanged and we don't initiate any crucial plot developments with him.)

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 11, 2011
These NPC duels that we're allowed to create, do they count as official tournament matches for the first round?

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Yes, if the opponent is a registered participant in the tournament.

(By the way, I have to ask everyone a favor: Don't duel original series characters! Not yet, anyway. There's a plot point connected to a certain one, and I don't want it to be messed up. Plus, the Original Series characters's decks have changed, more then a little, in the past few years and I want to make a point of how each one has changed.)

Phanima

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 11, 2011
Alright. However, I'm still unsure if Achan's previous match against the two jockeys counted as our team's first win, since the announcement said something along the lines of the tournament starting in 24 hours, which in the RP's time, obviously hasn't elapsed.

EDIT: Welcome back Jimz, heh, we missed you.

Jim

Dinner
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 25, 2011
Oh, yes. Just allow me to summon Tacey a little... competition.... *grins wickedly*

Of course, keep in mind that since at this point in the roleplay all duels are PC vs. NPC, unless it goes against the plot you can pull random opponents from thin air, like I did with farm boy and midget gangster.

And we'll hold a spot for you Jimz, we'll just move the plot along as if your character was in the background. (Lex has already given permission for bunnying of his character so long as the basic personality, etc. are unchanged and we don't initiate any crucial plot developments with him.)

*Is exstatic* I fixed my computer with my Elite Haxxor skills ^_^ (I litterally pressed 3 random buttons and everything was fixed, I have to re download absalutley everything but who cares, plus now I have no viruses plus everything was formatted Woo!)... In short I can participate again.....

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
ZOMG, quick question: am I allowed to control what the newly created NPC says and does? Both in and outside of duels? Because, you know, otherwise this might get a bit tricky. :3

Anyways, yay for the restored computer! ^.^ Now if only Ed got his big entry post...:3

Jim

Dinner
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 25, 2011
Nyah! The cosmic forces of stuff don't want me to participate, I'm going on holida/vacation (what ever you kids call it nowadays) tommorow morning. So I need to get a post in before then!

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
ZOMG, quick question: am I allowed to control what the newly created NPC says and does? Both in and outside of duels? Because, you know, otherwise this might get a bit tricky. :3

Anyways, yay for the restored computer! ^.^ Now if only Ed got his big entry post...:3

Yes, you may. :3

*Is exstatic* I fixed my computer with my Elite Haxxor skills ^_^ (I litterally pressed 3 random buttons and everything was fixed, I have to re download absalutley everything but who cares, plus now I have no viruses plus everything was formatted Woo!)... In short I can participate again.....

You sure they weren't "Control, Alt, Delete"? XD

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
You mean the vacation one? No, I didn't miss it. I just figured that you'd be able to participate when you got back, and since your character would be involved we'd just stick with the original "hold a spot for Jimz until he gets back" plan.

Jim

Dinner
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 25, 2011
You mean the vacation one? No, I didn't miss it. I just figured that you'd be able to participate when you got back, and since your character would be involved we'd just stick with the original "hold a spot for Jimz until he gets back" plan.

Yes but you need to state that with a quote of my post so people like me will understand... Everyone knows that.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Yes but you need to state that with a quote of my post so people like me will understand... Everyone knows that.

Oh, really? I didn't know I'd have to quote you just so you'd understand you were going on vacation. XD

Alright, for those of you who were daft enough to miss the crazy text in Jimz's disabled signature, he's not going to be able to participate in this roleplay until he gets back from holiday/vacation. (Here in the US it's usually called vacation, I have no idea where any of you all are from so just pick the appropriate term. :3) This is why he hasn't posted yet.

JBCPeace, on the other hand, is basically AWOL.

Phanima

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 11, 2011
Hmm, I thought Jimz had some time to post before he left, but it can't be helped.

Anyway, just a query about cards for NPC's. Are toon monsters commercial nowadays or are they restricted to Pegasus only? Also, what would happen in the result of a draw? Would both players replay the duel or both get disqualified?

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Nyu, that's a good question about the toons. As far as I know there is no mention of them being commercially released - or instance of anyone other than Pegasus playing them - in the original YGO or GX, but hey; it's your show, ACC. :3

Oh, and since you mentioned no dueling core characters yet...would it be okay if I staged a Tacey vs Pegasus duel later on? She's still so miffed about the whole team thing that she's bound to file a complaint, and it would just be so...Pegasus-like to settle the dispute by a children's card game. That and I want to put some of my made-up toon cards into action. xD

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Yes, a Pegasus duel would be fine once we reach the point in the plot where he shows up. (Which won't happen until after NYC, which I still have one or two things planned for. We need to quickly move this arc ahead, so I'm going to psuedo-bunny all the characters of the non-posting roleplayers into one spot so we can move it along.)

As for toons being commercialized, I'd say that they are but they're extremely rare, meaning you'd need to search for a long time to obtain them. That would offer an explanation as to why Toon Decks aren't seen very often.

Phanima

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 11, 2011
Geez, those NP characters look enticingly playable, AE, but is anyone else having one of those moments where the leader of the group goes on a wild chase after the main villain while the rest of the team stay back and fight the evil guy's subordinates in a super cool sacrificial tear-bearing scene?

Hmm, just me? Figured as much...

Oh, and I'm going to assume that both Rurian and Achan's second duels were unofficial, right? Since we're only allowed to duel once per round, hmm...

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Either that or their first duels were, since both matches were played with four thousand instead of eight thousand. Gawd, I'm such a loser at this game... >.< Guess I have a bit of learning to do. Maybe I should go on a sabbatical during my first week of school? XD

Yesh, the "internet-Japanese-speaking-girl-and-her-scary-friend" post made me cry out in envy. Curse you for your skill at roleplaying, Alter Ego.

Well, that depends on who the leader of the group is. Achan isn't competent enough, Tacey's too much of a snot, and Michel is too wrapped up in his own evil plot for any of them to be the leader. (Okay, let's face it, Achan and Rurian are both incompetent). So who's the leader, then? Alright, one of us needs to come up with a character that duels like heck and isn't a moral sinkhole right now, so we can enact Phanima's tear-jerker! *shot*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back