• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Desume save file problem.

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2016
Ok so I'm having a problem with desume. I have a .sav file and it won't load. I'm following the desume instructions but I'm getting no where with them.
Here's what I have, maybe you can help.

I have a .sav file from my real pokemon diamond game.
I either need to convert it to a .dst or load it. When I follow the loading game save instructions from the desume wiki they do not work. This leaves converting the save file, but that doesn't work either as I cannot find a converter.

Here's what I do.
Open rom
wait till I can get to title screen
click file; import backup memory and reset, but it doesn't load the save. I try loading the save file directly, but that doesn't work either.

So I'm wondering if any of you nice folks here can help me? Can any of you tell me what I am doing wrong or if I need additional support?

Additional information:
Running windows 7
the .sav file is the same language and name as the rom file.
The rom is in a folder in the desume folder titled pokemon diamond. The save file is in there with it.
I have not customized my settings. They are the same as when I extracted the emulator.

Thank you in advance for any help given.

tpmrpg

Beginning Hacker, Gamer
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2013
desmume's save is .dsv PM me the file and I'll change it.

Back