• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] Scripting Issue

CosmicBlazer

Batman
Years
  • I want my player to come downstairs and then the mom comes to me, gives the Running Shoes, and then goes back to her old position.

The problem is that she doesn't go back to her position and would i need to add a lock and faceplayer to the script for my player to look at her. Also for the script to activate I need to walk out of the script and then back into it for it to work. Would I need to do a level script in this situation for it activate once I go downstairs?

Heres my script

Spoiler:

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Yes to level script.

You need another wait movement at the end.

Why not just include a facing motion in your movement?

CosmicBlazer

Batman
    Years
  • Yes to level script.

You need another wait movement at the end.

Why not just include a facing motion in your movement?

The mom has the face player motion but I'm talking about the player. So to clarify, I use level scripts when entering maps (like going downstairs or up, going to a new town or entering a gatehouse/ leaving, etc).

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Yeah you've got the right idea about level scripts :).

To move the player you can use applymovement 0xFF @string or you can use the spriteface command.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2022
    Hey, this is my first time making a hack rom and I've run into a couple issues with scripting
    To start I went through littleroot and removed all events when i remastered the town but when i loaded up the rom on my emulator it went through the basic intor of setting the clock
    Normally this wouldn't bother me but it keeps walking me into a wall and then my character gets stuck
    Secondly I have used XSE and PKSVUI to build my scripts, but whenever I load them into AdvancedMap and then check to make sure they were imbedded the character has a blank script
    This has been driving me crazy and I would would really appreciate some help.

CosmicBlazer

Batman
    Years
  • Hey, this is my first time making a hack rom and I've run into a couple issues with scripting
    To start I went through littleroot and removed all events when i remastered the town but when i loaded up the rom on my emulator it went through the basic intor of setting the clock
    Normally this wouldn't bother me but it keeps walking me into a wall and then my character gets stuck
    Secondly I have used XSE and PKSVUI to build my scripts, but whenever I load them into AdvancedMap and then check to make sure they were imbedded the character has a blank script
    This has been driving me crazy and I would would really appreciate some help.

I can't help you with that because i'm still learning the basics of scripting but make your topic about this issue not someone's thread.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Secondly I have used XSE and PKSVUI to build my scripts, but whenever I load them into AdvancedMap and then check to make sure they were imbedded the character has a blank script
    Gonna agree with CB, be sure to make your own thread and not post these questions in threads made by other people.

But this specific thing is happening because you haven't chosen your script editor with Advance Map. It should either be in File or Options in A-Map (one of the top tabs). In one of the tabs there should be an option that says "Choose Script Editor" or something to that effect. Click it and then choose the editor that you're using.

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2016
    i added another sprite and event in pokemon fire red using advance map, now i wanna add text using advance text editor but its asking me for the offset, but when i see the sprite in advancemap the offset is 000000000, how do i change the offset so that i can add text's?

Back