• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Let's Go] Opinions on LGPE

Years
  • LGPE has been one of the most lackluster pokemon game that has been announced imo. Such a shame. The game just gives off an incomplete sort of vibe

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2023
    I am not interested in this game. It just feels so watered down compared to the other Pokemon games.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Not so much watered down but a Yellow remake with the following added:

Version determines starter(with Version exclusives)
    Co-Op mode <- points to Double Battles being more common while potentially making the game easier
    Wild encounters largely that of Pokémon GO. Co-Op mode increases catching benefits. Legendary encounters utilize old format of battling to capture.
    Type chart updated to include Dark, Steel and Fairy(along with fix to Ghost vs. Psychic)
    Alolan variants added to fill in gaping holes in Type chart. This may have a noticeable impact on Gym Leader, Elite Four and Team Rocket teams. Alolan Meowth/Persian for example in Team Rocket while Lorelei could have Alolan Ninetales and/or Alolan Sandslash. Same with Agatha and Alolan Marowak.
    Pokémon Amie to give that unique feel to your starter and other Kanto favorites
    Genders and Infatuation mechanic added(wasn't around in Yellow)
    Mega Evolution added with potential additions to Mega Evolution(Mega Arcanine or Rapidash for example)
    Unique moves to starter that replace HM's <- honestly biggest selling point so far for keeping a starter that can't evolve
    Meltan added to Pokédex(Steel Type)
    Mini-Game added for people to earn points to improve Pokemon stats(since grinding via Wild Pokemon battles is unavailable)

The thing holding me back is buying a Switch. Easily over $400 when tax and other required accessories are factored in. I should mention that it's not the original 151 when Meltan and Alolan variants are factored in. All told, that puts the number at 170. If they had pulled a reverse Gold, Silver by adding Johto as post-game along with Johto Pokemon(which adds 100 to the Pokédex), it'd actually be a really good game.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Ive been playing Pokemon from near basicly the start. I started out with Pokemon yellow back when I was 17 when it first came out till now with lets go pikachu. My 9 year old daughter just got evee for christmas. Ive seen new pokemon new regions new mechanics and remakes of the old games. Team mystic member and proud of it.

And my honest opinion of this game? I like it. It breaths a little fresh life into the francise. And I love the option of the integration. Kind of making it feel that slightly more realistic and getting kids more out and about to play pokemon go and go around catching pokemon to tkae home to use in there game and future competions. It will be interesting to ee just what plans they have for this new system in generation 8

Back