• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Question] Playing music continuously

princessyiris

Banned
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 6, 2020
I've got a weird question, but hopefully one that there's an obvious solution to:
In my game, I don't have any BGM for wild battles, victory themes, or anything like that. When the player gets into a wild battle and KOs, catches, or runs away from it, the music is the route theme throughout. HOWEVER, the route theme will restart once the player exits from the battle and returns to the overworld. Is there a way to prevent this from happening?
🤔
I want the same song to be playing on the overworld, during battle, and after the player finishes the battle WITHOUT resetting the song after every battle.

princessyiris

Banned
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 6, 2020
It didn't work. The overworld music is still playing from the beginning every time I enter and exit a wild battle.
I feel like it's trying to play a WildVictoryME even though I don't have one, then it starts playing the overworld music from the beginning because it thinks there's a different audio playing.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 19, 2023
I think, without being 100% certain, that using "$game_system.setDefaultBGM("XXX")" would result in the effect you are looking for - it keeps playing above anything else without interruption.

princessyiris

Banned
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 6, 2020
How would I go about using that? Just set it as a script during transitions between areas or something? Does it stay active when the player resets the game?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 19, 2023
The easiest way would be to event it by inserting it as a script in any event you like. I am not sure about the saving/loading part, you'll need to test that yourself; but if music changes when you restart the game, I guess you could edit the script handling music on loading as well.

princessyiris

Banned
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 6, 2020
Didn't end up working. The music still starts from the beginning when you exit battle.

Back