• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Essentials (Rival Help)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2011
Hello all i am new to RPGmaker XP and pokemon starter kits. I have recently download the pokemon essentials back 03/10/11 version. I am having trouble creating a rival. I have found the use of this scrupt
Code:
pbSet(25,pbEnterText("Rival?",1,7,"Name"))
But i don't fully understand how to code a rival in. When i used the above code i was able to create a name for the rival but once the event has finished the sprite vanishes and nothing getting added into the database or what ever it is. If someone would be kind enough to post a tutorial maybe or just a hand let me know.

Thanks

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
Use that in a script command to determine the name of the Rival. That's all it does. The rest (making the trainer, trainer type, etc.) you'll have to do on your own.

However, next time, post this in the Essentials thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back