• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex] PokeCrystal how to stop player from leaving without first obtaining Pokemon

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2021
    So I decided to sort of abandon PokeRed since there were just too many limitations of what I wanted to do with it. Now I'm working with PokeCrystal.

I want to start in Kanto and I essentially used the Player's House from New Bark and when you go out the door, you'll end up in Pallet Town. When you go into Oak's Lab, it's technically Elm's Lab but with Oak's Sprite. Now, here's my problem.

If you don't visit the lab and get a Pokemon, the lady in New Bark Town stops you and pulls you back, saying it is dangerous out there. I basically copy and pasted the code from the New Bark Town asm file and just changed out everything that said New Bark to Pallet, along with the sprite itself and I even moved her closer to the exit of Pallet Town. But if you walk through the grass, she will not stop you even though it shows in Polished Map that there are two coordinated events that should take place. Now if you talk to her manually, she will literally do what she is supposed to do if you were to walk to that spot and bring you back a few steps into Pallet Town, telling you it is unsafe to proceed without a Pokemon.

I added the Rival into the map for Pallet Town, he works perfectly after I edited his location! No problem there. It just seems like coordinated events don't activate properly and perhaps I need to edit another file for this to happen?

Attachments

• PalletTown.asm
      5.9 KB · Views: 2
    • NewBarkTown.asm
      6 KB · Views: 0
    Back