• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Derecho" deck

Starlight Sprite

Resident Moon Fairy
Years
  • This deck is a work in progress, and is currently my main deck online. I've more or less assembled it in real life, though it varies slightly due to not having all the cards. Listed here is my TCGO version, which I believe is better. It's more of a fun deck (Built on the spines of two theme decks) than it is made for competition, but has decent performance. Feedback and comments are always appreciated. My TCGO name is Flamespark Fae if you'd like to duel me. :7:

Basic Pokemon (12)

4x Eevee (Plasma Freeze - The one with Signs of Evolution)
    3x Emolga (Dragons Exalted)
    2x Keldeo (Boundaries Crossed)
    2x Keldeo EX (Boundaries Crossed)
    1x Zapdos (Next Destinies)

Evolutions (6)

2x Glaceon (Plasma Freeze)
    2x Jolteon (Plasma Freeze)
    2x Leafeon (Plasma Freeze)

Trainers (23)

2x Energy Retrieval
    2x Energy Search
    2x Level Ball
    2x Pokemon Catcher
    3x Pokemon Communication
    1x Scramble Switch
    2x Switch
    2x Ultra Ball
    3x Cheren
    3x Cilan
    1x Skyla

Energy (19)
    3x Grass Energy
    3x Lightning Energy
    8x Water Energy
    2x Blend Energy (Water / Electric / Fighting / Steel)
    3x Double Colorless Energy

Strategy

This deck is fairly straightforward. It is designed to come out pounding from the get-go with fast attacks and adapt to any situation. Eevee can summon its evolutions while Emolga can bring out basics quickly. Pokemon communications and the Balls can be used to get the right Pokemon for the situation (especially helpful for getting Eeveelutions). Keldeo is good when you need some plain old muscle, while Zapdos can get pesky Pokemon on your opponent's bench. With Freeze Zone and Rush in, moving Pokemon around is a cinch, but Switch cards are there to help out in an emergency. Jolteon is good for some early game damage, and will also keep your opponent's EX's on the ropes if the game drags on a long time. Leafeon also helps in the late game, when your opponent has put down a lot of energy cards.

Future Changes

As this is a work in progress, the deck is not without flaws. I'm looking for another Zapdos or two to add to it, as well as more Blend Energy and perhaps also Double Colorless. The search Trainers also may be rotated out. I'm intending to keep this in the Modified format, though it's really a fun deck that's not made for tourneys.

P.S. A derecho is a line of strong thunderstorms that move very quickly. This is intended to be a fast deck that sets up quickly and overpowers opponents before they set up.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    I suggest taking out the grass energy. It could be other energy. You only have it for Leafeon, who usually never uses it. I feel like Leafeon is a good mid to late game attacker once your opponent sets up tons of energy.

I also find that ever using Eevees signs of Evolution other than T1 isnt that great. Granted it is the best legal Eevee. Its still takes a turn to call them to your hand. But then your opponent can use N to shuffle them back into your deck or just simply knock out eevee since it has such low HP.

Emolga is a good pokemon in general since it calls for family straight to the bench and has no retreat cost. Though i think you only really need 2 at most. Since you dont plan on using it to attack.

Also if you want to make an electric deck that is as the name states, quick moving. You probably want to use Thundurus Ex. As it can hit for 30 T1, charges up other team plasma pokemon with any energy type (including special energy) from the discard, and discards energy from defending pokemon with plasma energy attached.

The Zapdos you have is decent. Though it still takes 2 turns min to charge it for its cheapest attack. You could try using Zapdos Ex as well if you plan on using Thundurus. Since its also a team plasma, Thundurus can charge it with Raiden Knuckles. It first attack is flippy agility, not too bad. Its second attack is a stable 120 with plasma energy. If you use Zapdos Ex and Colress machine. you can have Zapdos it attacking T1 and possibly avoiding damage next turn. Not too shabby.

Regular Keldeo isn't that great, its a good pokemon dont get me wrong. Just it works best when combined with Deluge blastoise. It might be too slow for this deck. it takes 3 turns to get it 3 water energy to do only 90 damage. I suggest putting in Kyurem PF instead. For the same 3 energy, it can do 120, though it cant attack next turn. Its first attack is also nice as it does spread damage. You can easily negate its negative affects using Keldeo Ex and Floatstones. Basically Rush in then retreat out and Kyurem can attack again. I think, i never tried it on the TCGO, but if not you can just switch to a different attacker for a turn then Keldeo Ex Floatstone back to it.

If you want to hit fast and hard, you will definitely need energy Acceleration of some sort. You could use as i stated above. Colress machine, or you could also try Pokedex/Ether. Both of which are pretty helpful for speeding up. You could also use Thundurus Ex since it will technically allow you to drop 2 energy per turn if you Juniper some energy away early on. With the changes i suggest, all the attackers but Keldeo Ex are team plasma and can benefit from all these forms of energy acceleration.

For supporters you probably Junipers and Ns to make ur T1 much faster by giving you access to up to 14 cards on ur first turn.

You also have quite a bit of energy. That should probably be changed.

Either way my suggestions are:
    Basic Pokemon (12)
    2x Eevee (Plasma Freeze - The one with Signs of Evolution)
    2x Emolga (Dragons Exalted)
    2x Keldeo EX (Boundaries Crossed)
    2x Zapdos Ex PS
    2x Thundurus Ex Plasma
    2x Kyurem PF

Evolutions (2) (probably dont want more Eevolutions that Eevees)
    1x Glaceon (Plasma Freeze) (helpful ability for the entire team aside from Keldeo Ex)
    1x Leafeon (Plasma Freeze) (Good late game sweeper)

Supporters: (12)
    4x Professor Juniper (With Thundurus, its alot easier to discard when you see energy)
    3x N
    1x Cilan
    2x Skyla
    2x other supporter (Cheren, Bianca, Colress)

Trainers (19)
    1x Energy Retrieval (Though it may not be required with Thundurus pulling energy from the discard.)
    1x Energy Search (I only usually run 1 in emergency so i can skyla for it.)
    2x Ultra Ball (Same reason as juniper, its easier to toss energy and other stuff now for the pokemon you need NOW! also if you are going to juniper, might as well get the pokemon you want at the same time.)
    1x Level Ball (Only grabs Eevee and Emolga, might as well go for Emolga then what would you need pokeballs for afterwards)
    1x Scramble Switch
    1x Switch
    2x Float Stone/Plasma Badge (Keldeo Ex float stone is too good to not have or Plasma Badge since its the same with Glaceon out and its safe from Frozen City. Though float stone works on everyone and doesnt need glaceon. your call)
    4x Catcher (Everyone does it why not.)
    2x Colress Machine (Energy acceleration)
    2x Frozen City (Since you have only team plasma pokemon, might as well make non plasma suffer)
    2x Super Rod (Very important for when you lose a bunch of pokemon to Juniper or ultra ball)

Energy (15)
    3x Plasma Energy
    4x Lightning Energy
    5x Water Energy
    3x Blend Energy (Water / Electric / Fighting / Steel)

Also i would be fine playing you on TCGO. I only have one really bad deck built as i only just started using it. Though i will lose the ability to use it tomorrow night. Since im going back home and my comp cant run it.

Last edited:

Starlight Sprite

Resident Moon Fairy
    Years
  • I managed to get my hands on one Thundurus ex (online anyway, which is where I've done most of the testing). I replaced a Keldeo with it for some nice results. I also put in an Articuno EX and two (all I've got now) Plasma Energy. I swapped an energy search and something else (I forget) for two Ns and I tossed one Juniper in there somewhere, and a couple of Float Stones. I've also removed the Jolteon (they weren't doing so hot) to add the extra Trainers. I'm still missing some of the cards you've suggested, but the deck has performed a lot better today. Thanks for the tip!

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    yeah np. I know its going to be a costly deck to put together. But i think it goes nicely with the theme name.

Though you want to be careful to not only put Exs into this deck. Since you will have trouble fighting off Sigilyph and the new Suicune with nothing to hit them with.

Back