• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cities That Should Be In The Games

Years
  • Am I the only one that absolutely loves LaRousse City. My love for it probably comes from Destiny Deoxys being the first Pokemon movie I ever watched, but it is an amazing city.

It's got a ton on futuristic architecture, and is pretty much run by electronic robots formed by smaller individual block robots. I think the coolest thing though, is the moving sidewalks.

I think GF should've included LaRousse city in ORAS, they definitely missed out. It could've replaced a city like Lilycove, and the entire city would be filled with moving sidewalks that you could move between buildings on.

If they wanted to make it the same as it was in the show, they could even include the Battle Tower to replace the less than stellar Battle Maison. I just think it is too good of a city not to be in any of the games, and with the 3D version of Hoenn in ORAS it would've looked fantastic.

Along with Larousse, are there any other cities from the show that weren't in the games but should be?

Years
  • LaRousse City was my profile location on PC for at least the first 4 years I was here (and on and off since then), so I definitely would've been on board to see it added to ORAS. Maybe not in place of another city, but if HGSS and B2W2 can add cities to the existing geography, I don't see why ORAS couldn't too. Plus, it would make the Pokemon version of my hometown game canon, which would be cool by me!

And while they aren't cities per se, I think it was a missed opportunity to not include the Orange Islands in the Kanto remakes. Sure, the Sevii Islands weren't bad, but I was a little disappointed that they had no existing backstory like the Orange Islands did.

Oh, and I'm going to move this over to Pokemon Gaming Central for you, since while it pulls from other parts of the franchise, it relates directly to the games.

MOVED.

Guest123_x1

If only the Kanto-based games (particularly FR/LG) had featured Dark City... that location's two rival gyms (Yas and Kaz) and their ongoing feud would've made for an interesting part of the game's story (much like having to defeat Team Rocket out of the Goldenrod Radio Tower in the Johto games.)

Years
  • LaRousse City was my profile location on PC for at least the first 4 years I was here (and on and off since then), so I definitely would've been on board to see it added to ORAS. Maybe not in place of another city, but if HGSS and B2W2 can add cities to the existing geography, I don't see why ORAS couldn't too. Plus, it would make the Pokemon version of my hometown game canon, which would be cool by me!

And while they aren't cities per se, I think it was a missed opportunity to not include the Orange Islands in the Kanto remakes. Sure, the Sevii Islands weren't bad, but I was a little disappointed that they had no existing backstory like the Orange Islands did.

Oh, and I'm going to move this over to Pokemon Gaming Central for you, since while it pulls from other parts of the franchise, it relates directly to the games.

MOVED.

Ya it would've been cool if they were able to keep all of the existing cities, and then add LaRousse City. I think the moving sidewalks could have been amazing in ORAS.

Back