• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

More Than 2 Pokemon on Each Side

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2017
    I've recently been trying my hardest to code in a horde mode but then I ran into a brick wall. That brick wall being the ability for the game to pbInitialize more than 2 pokemon on each side, with the battlers apparently only being able to be recognized and generated if they are indexed from 0 to 3 (as in 0 and 2 for your side and 1 and 3 for your opponents.) I've been wondering if it's possible to index and generate more pokemon on each side because I've got the game to recognize a horde mode and almost go into one, but when you think it's going to happen this error pops up:

HTML:
    Exception: RuntimeError
    Message: Script error within event 15, map 23 (Lerucean Town):
    Exception: NoMethodError
    Message: Section084:2572:in `pbStartBattleCore'undefined method `pbInitialize' for nil:NilClass
    ***Full script:
    pbHordeWildBattle(:PANCHAM,10,:PANCHAM,10,:PANCHAM,10,:PANCHAM,10,:PANCHAM,10)
    Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2525:in `pbStartBattle'
    PField_Field:1081:in `pbHordeWildBattle'
    PField_Field:1080:in `pbSceneStandby'
    PField_Field:1082:in `pbHordeWildBattle'
    PField_Field:1079:in `pbBattleAnimation'
    PField_Field:1079:in `pbHordeWildBattle'
    (eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'
    Interpreter:794:in `eval'
    Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:276:in `pbExecuteScript'
    Interpreter:794:in `command_111'
    Interpreter:320:in `execute_command'
    Interpreter:193:in `update'
    Interpreter:106:in `loop'
    Interpreter:198:in `update'
    Scene_Map:103:in `update'
    Scene_Map:101:in `loop'
    Scene_Map:114:in `update'
    Scene_Map:68:in `main'

So if anyone could help, or give me some insight into if this is at least possible it would be greatly appreciated.

Back