• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] I need some help with adding Item Scripts in Emerald

Years
  • I am trying to add a field use script to an item in Emerald using this: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8316351&postcount=13

Other people seem to have success with it but I am having trouble. I am trying to have an item set or clear a flag (200) but I either get a black screen or the item is selected with no message and the cursor is locked until B is pressed, with the flag not being set or cleared. I have Phenom's routine inserted at 0xE446D0 with the script I am trying to run at 0xE44512 so the pointer is 12 45 E4 and using the Complete Item Editor I have the item (Exp. Share if that matters) Type set to Use-of-SELECT and Use set to 01 Anywhere, in the Script Item section, ScriptOffset at 08E44512, and ASM offset at 08E446D0. Is there something I am doing wrong?

Years
  • The offset routine should be the 08E446D1, and not 08E446D0
    Test and see if it works.

I recommend using the Gen 3 Tools. He is one of the best rom editors and ROM GBA hacks of Pokémon.

A print of the configuration of my Exp Share. I also use this same routine as yours.
    Field script is offset ASM.
    image.png

Last edited:
    Back