• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Gen 1] A Pichu... in Kanto?! Pichu's Pokemon Yellow Adventure!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Hello!

I decided to restart my completed Yellow 3DS Virtual Console Version and keep a journal logging my progress. For this playthrough, there are no rules as it is not a Nuzlocke or challenge run of any kind. The only thing I want to do with this playthrough is use Pokémon I have never really used before. I think this will make the game more fun, as well as challenging since I am not familiar with using these Pokémon!

Spr_Y_Red.png

Entry #1

Anyway, our journey started on 6/9/2020 in Pallet Town. I went to take a stroll in some tall grass when this old guy ran up to me and told me to be careful of wild Pokémon. He then proceeded to catch a Pikachu in front of me.

I would follow this old man back to his place (shady but ok…) and find out his name was Oak, a Pokémon Professor. Oak was about to let me choose a Pokémon to have from his table when his rude af grandson barged in and took it in front of me. Feeling bad, Oak decided to give me the Pikachu he had caught in front of me. (As I have used Pikachu before numerous times in Yellow, I will be boxing it after Brock. I decided to do this after Brock because I need Pikachu to help me with the beginning trainers and getting through Viridian Forest.)

Anyway, his rude grandson challenged me to a battle, where I discovered he had chosen Eevee as his starter. The battle was close, but I won because I am awesome and better than this chump in every way.

So my adventure really began… except not really because I had to pick up Oaks parcel from the Mart and then walk all the way back to deliver. Seriously, why was this a thing? Why couldn't Oak have given me the Pokédex when I was in his lab to begin with? Whatever…

Ok, so now with my new Pokédex the adventure begins!

As I know Brock is a pain in Yellow with Pikachu, I planned ahead and caught a Mankey. Mankey will learn Low Kick with a little bit of training. I also picked up a Nidoran(M) as I have never used a Nidoking before and thought it could be fun. I also have never used Nidoqueen, but Nidoran(M) was the first one I encountered so I went with it.

After doing some training in Viridian Forest, I felt ready to take on Brock. Luckily, picking up Mankey was a smart move, as with just a few Low Kicks I was able to get Brock done and out of the way. This was a relief, as Brock is always an annoyance in Yellow.

After that, I boxed Pikachu as I said I would and started my journey outside of Pewter City.

Lets see where this road takes us!

Squad:
Spr_1y_032.png

Ganon
Level 11
- Leer
- Tackle
- Horn Attack

Spr_1y_056.png

Porkchop
Level 11
- Scratch
- Leer
- Low Kick

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Just a quick update as I had some more time to play during my lunch break while working from home:

Spr_Y_Red.png

50px-Boulder_Badge.png

Entry #2

I made my way East of Pewter City to Route 3, where I battled a lot of annoying trainers. I forgot how Bug heavy the beginning of Kanto was. Anyway, while on Route 3 I decided to pick up a Sandshrew as I have never really used one before in Gen 1. Looking forward to seeing how Sandslash works out. Plus, it should help out when we have to battle Lt Surge.

Then came Mt Moon. The one thing I hate most about Gen 1 is the caves. They are very annoying to navigate through. However, it was good for training. I picked up a Paras while I was in there, as I never have really used one before. Like with Sandslash, I am looking forward to seeing how Parasect does as we continue on our adventure. Soon after, I picked up the Helix Fossil (PRAISE HELIX!)

I know I am playing Yellow, but for some reason I completely forget about Jessie and James being in this game lmao. I made short work of them and exited Mt Moon.

Not gonna lie, almost whited out due to battling all the trainers and wild Pokémon with not too many potions on me. Luckily, we made it through because I would have been furious if I had to go through it again!

While in Mt Moon, Nidoran (M) evolved into Nidorino! He has been putting in the work. I picked up a Moon Stone but am not going to evolve him just yet.

I think more training will be needed to take on Misty, as I do not have an easy answer to deal with her since I do not have Pikachu on me. After doing the Nugget Bridge and battling my rival, I should be strong enough to take her on. Here's hoping!

Squad:

Spr_1y_033.png

Ganon
Level 16
- Leer
- Tackle
- Horn Attack

Spr_1y_056.png

Porkchop
Level 15
- Scratch
- Leer
- Low Kick

Spr_1y_027.png

Cyd
Level 13
- Scratch
- Sand Attack

Spr_1y_046.png

Dexter
Level 13
- Scratch
- Stun Spore​

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Spr_Y_Red.png

50px-Boulder_Badge.png
50px-Cascade_Badge.png

Entry #3

Shortly after arriving in Cerulean City, I ran into my rival (who I named Gary because I am boring) and defeated him once again. He's all bark and no bite! After that, I took on the Nugget Bridge gang and they caused no problems. At the end of the bridge, I got a Nugget! I guess thats why they call it Nugget Bridge. However, at the end of the bridge a shady character tried to get me to join Team Rocket. I would have loved to, but of course the game was like "NO."

Unfortunately, I decided to ditch Paras when I discovered that I could catch Oddish on this route. Main reason is that Paras' moveset is garbage and I was hoping it could help with Misty. Oddish had Absorb, so I couldn't resist catching it and adding it to my team. I've never used Vileplume in Gen 1 before, so it'll still be interesting. Sorry Parasect!

After the 'I turned myself into a Pokemon please help me!!!' shenanigans at Bill's house, it was time to take on Misty. Luckily, with Oddish, it really was not an issue. Absorb wasn't doing much to Starmie, but PoisonPowder helped take it down. It really would have been a different battle if I had used Paras!

With our second badge, we traveled to Vermillion City. It was literally a short walk through an underground tunnel, so there isn't much to report. I did however decide to box Mankey as well. Since Nidorino has Double Kick now, it didn't seem necessary to keep Mankey around. Thank you for your service, Mankey.

Next time I hope to clear the S.S Anne and get my third badge!

Squad:

Spr_1y_033.png

Ganon
Level 20
- Leer
- Tackle
- Horn Attack
- Double Kick

Spr_1y_027.png

Cyd
Level 19
- Scratch