• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphics] Pokemon Red GB - Swapping male player for female help

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2020
    I am trying to replace the male player sprites with a female, but it's a bit complicated. I'm using the Pokemon Red Randomizer and I wanted to play as a female.
    I figured that by using the Pokered disassembly, I could make the changes, then make a patch out of it, which I could apply to a randomized game. I was able to modify the sprites and have the correct bit depth for it to assemble, but when I test it, I get incorrect colors:pokered.png

Don't mind the green, I've set the emulator to those colors right now. I changed the front, back, and overworld sprites for the player, so only they are affected.
    I didn't modify the title screen because it's unnecessary for my purposes.
    I used Paint.NET for the graphic change and Pngyu for the bit depth. I've tried looking for answers elsewhere, but couldn't find a solution. If anyone can help me, I'd appreciate it.

EDIT: Nevermind, it doesn't work. Game crashes when patches are applied to change the player's appearance.

Last edited:
    Back