• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can you script a single wild battle to have the pokemon with 100% catch rate?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 25, 2017
    If the answer to the title is yes, how'd you do it?

Two other, not so important, questions I have are:

1. How do I create a wild battle in a scenery where I have no Pokemon in my party (e.g. before getting starter)? Something a little like safari zone but preferably without bait and rock.
    2. Is it possible, and if so how, to watch a npc (not old man catching Weedle) have a battle?

If this makes a difference, the game is FR.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2017
    The answer is yes, but it's not going to be easy. I believe you would use a process called asm scripting/editing.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 25, 2017
    The answer is yes, but it's not going to be easy. I believe you would use a process called asm scripting/editing.

Thank you for the quick response. It's a little disappointing that the only way is asm (which I plan on learning, just not yet) but it's alright, I'll leave my plan for now.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    It actually probably wouldn't be too difficult once you've learned assembly. You would just have to hijack the pokeball throw command (0xEF) to jump to the master ball routine if some variable/flag is set.

this routine, while not exactly what you are looking for, already hijacks said battle command, and includes a master ball check. Without having tested it myself, I would assume you could easily insert a routine at the same hook location with a flag/variable check that will jump to the master ball routine if toggled on.

Back