• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ROM Hack] Adventuring through Pokémon Blazing Emerald

Years
  • This was just on a whim of me playing this game as it's been sitting on my ps vita for who knows how long....

Started up the game and got choices of doing this normal or hard, to which I wanted to try it on hard. Went through the name section, calling myself Teddy, and I didn't get to choose female as this only had the male version for some reason...anyway! I also could apparently choose my outfit color and picked Twilight.

When I was gonna pick my starter, it didn't only have three pokemon, but around 10 instead, which some of them are ridiculous to have as starters! Dratini, Beldum, Dreepy, Gible to name a few!
    I still could choose a grass, water, or fire-type starter, but I was bored with them so I picked maybe the hardest one to have since it didn't have more moves than Take Down till it evolved.

I picked Beldum. I named them Genisis.

Maybe a dumb move of me, but it's different. So continuing the game, I discovered shinx at the start, which is also my second favorite evolution line to Arcanine. Named him Todoroki since it, apparently, meant thunder in Japanese on google. Don't take my word for it.

Found out that I couldn't access my bag when in a pokemon battle to use items...I don't really mind it as I barely do it anyway. Reached route 102, found myself a Ralts. Planning on evolving him to a Gallade if I managed to find a dawn stone. Named him Akechi.

Went through more of the storyline, walked towards route 104, and battled the trainers there.

Continuing next in Petalburg Woods

Beldum [Genisis] - Lv. 10 | Take Down
    Shinx [Todoroki] - Lv. 10 | Scratch, Leer, Covet
    Ralts [Akechi] - Lv. 10 | Growl, Confusion

Years
  • I'm curious about this hack, so I'll try and keep up with this thread! ^^

Those sure are some powerful starter choices! I'm using the Beldum line for the first time ever in Pokemon Ultra Sun right now and so far it's been a real powerful. I did have it just sit in the back and soak up EXP until it evolved into a Metang though. Does this hack have the new style EXP share or do you have to actually switch train/risk it with Take Down? Because I can imagine that'd be pretty annoying. > <

Years
  • Petalburg Woods was a bit difficult going through as I kept getting paralyzed in battles and the paralyze heal is expensive in pokémart so I didn't have a lot of them. I considered getting a slakoth, but decided not to, as I wanted to focus more on the pokémons that I have with the mindset; more quality than quantity.

Shinx got high enough level to finally have an electric-type move, but now to see if any of the pokémons I have, has a move that works best against rock types for the oncoming gym leader, Roxanne.

I decided to grind a bit before doing the gym battle by going to route 116 and fighting against both trainers and wild pokémons. I got my shinx to evolve to luxio by chance so trying to get my ralts to evolve now.

To maximize the experience, I turned off the exp. share as I noticed that the exp is the same amount and doesn't divide it. If my beldum managed to get 150 exp from a battle, the same amount would go to the others. The goddamn exp. share is, in my opinion, OP as psyduck!

It's the reason for my shinx evolving to a luxio so fast!

I caught an Abra and named him J. Just J.
    This was on a whim as well, not sure if I'm gonna use the abra or not, but I have him now...

TBC on Roxanne the Rock-type Gym Leader

Beldum [Genisis] - Lv. 14 | Take Down
    Luxio [Todoroki] - Lv. 15 | Scratch, Leer, Covet & Spark
    Ralts [Akechi] - Lv. 15 | Growl, Confusion & Double team
    (?) Abra [J] - Lv. 9 | Teleport

Back