• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Concept: Pokemon Universe - A semi open world FireRed Hack

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Hey all,

I have been making my way through a bunch of rom hacks and I would like to make my own. I was wondering if anyone would like to collaborate on this as well?

My thought is to start in Kanto 20 years after the events of Red and Blue. Pokemon from all over the world roam every region and the game is semi open world. There will be no liner path within this game and some of the new feature I would like to do are the following:

Badges in any order - re battling each gym leader opens up after obtainer another badge
    Different Gym Leaders and typing
    Bigger Kanto with a train system for fast travel
    HM's are "abilities" and don't take up a move slot
    All Pokemon up to Gen 4
    All pokemon catchable
    Event Pokemon act as side mission, you need to unlock them and complete various tasks
    New towns and areas

The Story:

It has been 20 years since the events of Red/Blue and 17 since Gold/Silver. Team Rocket has completely vanished from existence and memory. Blue is now a Pokemon Professor teach young trainers the ins and outs of Pokemon battling. Professor Oak has retired and leaves everything to Blue. Red is still missing after his battle with Gold and is said to be in a far off region looking for powerful Pokemon to test his strength. Gold, now the World Champion, has left his position to go on a secret mission with Silver.

You begin with your mum dropping you off at the train station with a rainbow pass, allowing you to go anywhere in Santo. Your first stop, Pallet Town to get your Pokemon. After Arriving Blue meets you and take you to his lab. He offers you a choice of 3 Pokemon, Turtwig, Cyndaquill and Mudkip. He then asks you to collect a package from Viridian City. Along the way you meet Chronos, a young bubbly girl who also got a Pokemon from Blue, she battles you with an Eevee and you move on. As you return to Blue you meet Telpa, he acquires the Pokemon that is stronger against yours. He is shy but very knowledgable on Pokemon. Blue thanks you for getting his package. Blue seems confused as Telpa comes overs to sneak a look one of the clouded orbs flickers a blue colour. Everyone gets a shock as the package is closed and Blue says he will investigate this further. At this point Chronos comes back and the three of you are gifted a Pokedex. You are told to catch em all and explore every corner of the Pokemon world. As you leave Telpa asks for a battle. Afterwards a strange purple flash happens and you think you see a Pokemon inside the flash. It disappears and your adventure begins.

Complete overview of the story:

This story is based around Giovani finding his way to the distortion world and befriending Giratina. Chronos will befriend Dialga and Telpa will befriend Palkia. You the player will need to find a locked away Arceus where you meet up with Gold and Silver who heard rumours of Giovani's return and wish to stop it. Throughout your adventure you will encounter a wide variety of characters from the Pokemon series and unlock how Team Rocket is piecing them selfs back together to take over the world.

I hope to then increase the game to include the Orange Islands, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    From the very beginning of playing pokemon games, i always wanted this kind of game..please let us know about this project

Years
    • Seen today
    Hey all,

I have been making my way through a bunch of rom hacks and I would like to make my own. I was wondering if anyone would like to collaborate on this as well?

My thought is to start in Kanto 20 years after the events of Red and Blue. Pokemon from all over the world roam every region and the game is semi open world. There will be no liner path within this game and some of the new feature I would like to do are the following:

Badges in any order - re battling each gym leader opens up after obtainer another badge
    Different Gym Leaders and typing
    Bigger Kanto with a train system for fast travel
    HM's are "abilities" and don't take up a move slot
    All Pokemon up to Gen 4
    All pokemon catchable
    Event Pokemon act as side mission, you need to unlock them and complete various tasks
    New towns and areas

The Story:

It has been 20 years since the events of Red/Blue and 17 since Gold/Silver. Team Rocket has completely vanished from existence and memory. Blue is now a Pokemon Professor teach young trainers the ins and outs of Pokemon battling. Professor Oak has retired and leaves everything to Blue. Red is still missing after his battle with Gold and is said to be in a far off region looking for powerful Pokemon to test his strength. Gold, now the World Champion, has left his position to go on a secret mission with Silver.

You begin with your mum dropping you off at the train station with a rainbow pass, allowing you to go anywhere in Santo. Your first stop, Pallet Town to get your Pokemon. After Arriving Blue meets you and take you to his lab. He offers you a choice of 3 Pokemon, Turtwig, Cyndaquill and Mudkip. He then asks you to collect a package from Viridian City. Along the way you meet Chronos, a young bubbly girl who also got a Pokemon from Blue, she battles you with an Eevee and you move on. As you return to Blue you meet Telpa, he acquires the Pokemon that is stronger against yours. He is shy but very knowledgable on Pokemon. Blue thanks you for getting his package. Blue seems confused as Telpa comes overs to sneak a look one of the clouded orbs flickers a blue colour. Everyone gets a shock as the package is closed and Blue says he will investigate this further. At this point Chronos comes back and the three of you are gifted a Pokedex. You are told to catch em all and explore every corner of the Pokemon world. As you leave Telpa asks for a battle. Afterwards a strange purple flash happens and you think you see a Pokemon inside the flash. It disappears and your adventure begins.

Complete overview of the story:

This story is based around Giovani finding his way to the distortion world and befriending Giratina. Chronos will befriend Dialga and Telpa will befriend Palkia. You the player will need to find a locked away Arceus where you meet up with Gold and Silver who heard rumours of Giovani's return and wish to stop it. Throughout your adventure you will encounter a wide variety of characters from the Pokemon series and unlock how Team Rocket is piecing them selfs back together to take over the world.

I hope to then increase the game to include the Orange Islands, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh.

the story then continues when Orange Island,Johto,Hoenn and Sinnoh come and by the way I like it when main characters get Legis is way too rare if you ask me? PS:and on which edition is your game based and what about the characters green,yellow,crystal

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen Dec 27, 2023
    Tell me billx940,is there going to be Fakemon in the game?

Because i would suggest your starter be a Fakemon instead.im not telling you what to do.

Dont get the wrong picture.

Its just a suggestion

Back