• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Speculation The future of the Pokemon animé

sabrina_diamond

Blazing dark Vulpix
Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    So as we all know, after 2023 Ash Ketchum will no longer be the main protagonist of the anime... For someone who had been watching the Pokemon anime since it first started in the 1990's, Ash's departure will be rather bittersweet for me...

With that being said, what plotholes or speculation do you hope will be addressed before Ash leaves for good? I was hoping to see what Ash's father looks like (since the series' creator promised us that Ash's father will make one appearance in the anime)! I hope that Pikachu remains happy, although with Ash's departure which Pokemon will be the new mascot of the anime? I hope to also see a 'time skip' to see what happens to Ash's companions.

I speculate that one of Ash's Pokemon might evolve before we go to the next protagonist

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • Since Ash is leaving... let him finally get a legendary lol. I still haven't heard on if he got that Latias or not...

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Team Rocket and Giovanni. Team Rocket is the only team that hasn't been disband or not much has happened with them. I have always dreamed that Team Rocket would become good given they had only turned to evil because of their childhood. If Giovanni doesn't battle Ash one more time and is defeated, I will be very upset with how they handled Giovanni through this entire thing. Especially with how both Butch and Cassidy have left. Unova would have been the best place to justify it, but because the Team Rocket vs Team Plasma was scrapped because of real world reasons, I think it completely altered the course of Unova.

Ash's father. They teased the crap out of it with the special episode that aired a couple of weeks ago, if they don't show Ash's father, I think that will also be a major let down.

Ash/Serena - Even if they do not confirm the two becoming a thing in the anime, we know that the anime creator has said he has always imagined the two getting together. It would be nice if they were brought back together once again by a Poliwag and Serena or Ash caught it. Their reunite scene was so very short compared to everyone else and Serena had a complete redesign. So having them not having at least one episode together will be disappointing. They don't even have to confirm them being lovers, I just want them to keep their promise to one another. Ash has done his part, now I want Serena to become the top performer.

General stuff, I'd love for him to catch Latias which it seems like they might be setting up to do just that. I would also like him to get his Primape back and either evolve it. I'd love to see more of his pokemon evolving as well. I'd love to see Ash grown up as well. If the new girl protag isn't his daughter, I'd love their to be an interaction similar to Yugi and Jaden in Yugioh.

Mascot - Honestly this is very very hard to be a thing. While Pikachu has long been the mascot, it seemed like Eevee and Meowth were trying to be set up to become one, but even now that seems unlikely. And Charizard and Greninja are also only extremly popular because of Ash and Red, so again, those mascots are kinda gone now.

I think Shining Rayquaza will become to new mascot. At least for this saga. We do not know if this one be a one generation thing or if these are truly going to be the next Ash characters. But there was a very heavy hint that Shining Rayquaza seems to be posed to take the position of Mascot.

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2024
    reallly ash needs a legendry.......................................Give him the creation trio!

Back