• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why haven't we seen them again?

ShieldWolf27

18 year vet
Years
  • There are a lot of characters who have come along in the anime, who appeared once or a few times, and then disappeared.

Wouldn't it be nice if we got to see A.J. or Richie again? Thats just from Kanto.

Who are some trainers that have appeared in the anime that you would like to see brought back to wrap up their backstories?

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • There are a lot of characters who have come along in the anime, who appeared once or a few times, and then disappeared.

Wouldn't it be nice if we got to see A.J. or Richie again? Thats just from Kanto.

Who are some trainers that have appeared in the anime that you would like to see brought back to wrap up their backstories?

Ritchie returned during Johto, as did Suzie, Duplica and Aya. AJ hasn't been seen again but he's not alone. If I had to pick a trainer to return, it'd probably be Thatcher who owned a Plusle and Minun. He and his sister operated a Lighthouse and kept it lit by using the Electric Pokemon to charge a light stone. He set off on a Pokemon Journey and returned when Ash and company stumbled on a Cheering School that was exposed as a fraud. At the end of it Thatcher sets off to continue his journey, never to be seen again. Would be interesting to see how he's progressed.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    I am re-watching this series and there's this lad who has like an unofficial gym and has never been beaten, he gets to 100 victories when he beats Ash and sets out on his journey. Does he ever appear again?
    I also liked the Eevee trio, well with the little brother who had an Eevee that makes it four of them. I hope they re-appear.
    And I'm glad to hear Duplica re-appears, one of the last episodes I saw is the one where she first makes her appearance. She was really cool!

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • I am re-watching this series and there's this lad who has like an unofficial gym and has never been beaten, he gets to 100 victories when he beats Ash and sets out on his journey. Does he ever appear again?
    I also liked the Eevee trio, well with the little brother who had an Eevee that makes it four of them. I hope they re-appear.
    And I'm glad to hear Duplica re-appears, one of the last episodes I saw is the one where she first makes her appearance. She was really cool!

First one is AJ and no he hasn't been seen since. As for the Eevee brothers, they haven't appeared again either. Sakura and her sisters kind of took over their role in Johto by showcasing all the Eevolutions. Only one they didn't have at the start was Espeon, which Sakura's Eevee evolves into. As for Duplica, yes she returns but not until Johto.

Keep rewatching the series. Might come across more characters you wish they'd return. More often than not though, they're minor, if not flavor of the day characters and hence will never be seen again.

Back