• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Infernal Red / Natural Green

How many Gyms should the first demo go up to?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 4 21.1%

Votes: 4 21.1%

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters

Fotomac

Genwunner and proud of it
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 9, 2023
You thinking of using any custom sprites apart from those for additional Pokémon which don't appear until more recent generations?

Fotomac

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 9, 2023
Depends on what sort of sprite you might want for any character, be it man or beast (or, in Pokéterminology, human or Pokémon).

crispybacon1234

Pokémon IR/NG Dev
Years
Depends on what sort of sprite you might want for any character, be it man or beast (or, in Pokéterminology, human or Pokémon).

I'm mainly using the original BW sprites for the battlers and other resources I can find and credit. I don't actually have a spriter at the moment, so I have to make do with what I get.

Fotomac

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 9, 2023
I can contribute a sprite or two, if you like.

Fotomac

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 9, 2023
Do you have any examples of spriting work I can see?

I made this sprite edit for Misty:

misty_picnicker_uniform.png

Basically, I made it for those who were sick and tired of those swimsuits (and believe me, I'm not the only one). Unfortunately for those hoping for an animated sprite, the only sprite I could find of her with a ponytail is static, so I had to make do with that.

Anyway, the costume design for this one is inspired by the FR/LG Picnicker costume design; in my personal Pokécontinuity, she's part of a Water-themed Picnicker company known as the Squirtle Scouts, and the costume design pretty much grew out of that detail. Regardless of Pokécontinuity, this costume design is open for anyone to use.

crispybacon1234

Pokémon IR/NG Dev
Years
It's December now, and the countdown to Christmas has begun. As an early Christmas present, a limited time Mystery Gift is now avaliable for download.

The gift itself is a Level 10 Pikachu, and has the following:

- Knows the move "Present" (A move that Pikachu can't usually learn!)
- Has its Hidden Ability unlocked (Lightningrod)
- Holds a Light Ball
- Always has a Jolly nature

This Christmas-themed Mystery Gift will only be avaliable this month! Make sure to download it, and have a Merry Christmas!

Download the demo here: http://gamejolt.com/games/pokemon-infernal-red-pokemon-natural-green/81423

crispybacon1234

Pokémon IR/NG Dev
Years
First off, apologies for the lack of recent news updates. I've been actively working on the game, but I'm terrible with updates because I'm a one-man team.

To make up for it, I've grabbed some screenshots from the next demo. As you're probably aware, Demo 1.1.0 goes up to Celadon City, meaning you can take on Gym Leader Erika and meet the boss of Team Rocket.

Wild_Growlithe.jpg
Trusted_Pal.jpg
Lottery.jpg
Gambling_is_scary.jpg
What_nerve.jpg
Full_House.jpg
Entry_6.jpg
Rocket_Boss.jpg
Erika.jpg
Vs_Erika.jpg

This is where the real story begins...

arinceo

Eat, Sleep, Pokemon
Years
Awesome stuff so far! I especially like that I could download the demo without audio, I always play these things with YouTube videos playing on a second monitor. Just wondering, are you planning on doing the Sevii Islands or just Kanto?

crispybacon1234

Pokémon IR/NG Dev
Years
Awesome stuff so far! I especially like that I could download the demo without audio, I always play these things with YouTube videos playing on a second monitor. Just wondering, are you planning on doing the Sevii Islands or just Kanto?

It really depends on how popular the Sevii Islands are. Personally, I want to leave them out and make way for other things (which I can't spoil just yet), but I might implement them if demand is popular.

arinceo

Eat, Sleep, Pokemon
Years
It really depends on how popular the Sevii Islands are. Personally, I want to leave them out and make way for other things (which I can't spoil just yet), but I might implement them if demand is popular.
No worries, can't wait to see what you've got planned! I'm in the process of planning a Sevii Islands game myself, so I don't mind if they aren't in your game :P

Years
This looks awesome. I am actually considering taking on a similar project which just happens to also be a Kanto remake (more like sequel) of sorts. Not sure if I'm gonna actually do it but if I do, I'll consider this as a standard for me to meet.

Update: Played the game and I don't think that there is anything that I can do that this game already has done. Great game by the way.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 31, 2023
Will I be able to catch Pokemon other then gen 1 during my run, or is it the same Pokemon as in the originals?

crispybacon1234

Pokémon IR/NG Dev
Years
Last edited by a moderator:

crispybacon1234

Pokémon IR/NG Dev
Years
Get ready to continue your quest to become Kanto's strongest Pokémon Trainer in Demo 1.1.0!

DOWNLOAD THE DEMO HERE: http://gamejolt.com/games/pokemon-infernal-red-pokemon-natural-green/81423

This big update contains story progression up to Celadon City, meaning that you can get lost in Rock Tunnel, get spooked in Lavender Town, take on Celadon City's Gym Leader and infiltrate Team Rocket's Hideout!

Also, you'll be pleased to know that MYSTERY GIFTS ARE BACK ONLINE! For those who missed out on the "Pikachristmas" Mystery Gift, I've indefinitely extended the running time so that you'll have a chance to download it.

Unfortunately, I had to remove the opening cutscene due to issues with Adobe Flash, but that won't effect the game itself.

And finally, here are the patch notes for anyone who's interested:

(Gen 6 = changes made in line with Generation 6)

-Additions-

• Added more locations:
  • Route 9
  • Route 10
  • Rock Tunnel
  • Lavender Town
  • Pokémon Tower
  • Route 8
  • Route 7
  • Celadon City
  • Rocket Hideout
  • Route 16
  • Added extra dialogue to the waiter on the S.S. Anne, hinting to the S.S. Anne's main quest.
  • Added extra dialogue to the sailor on the bottom floor of the S.S. Anne after the S.S. Anne's main quest has been finished.
  • Added and configured the Town map. (Hint: You can get HM02 in Demo 1.1.0)
  • Added an in-field animation for the move "Fly".
  • Aldrin and Armstrong now have a unique battle theme.
  • Added "Rocket" PC Box Wallpaper.

-Changes-

• Removed opening cutscene due to Adobe Flash problems.
  • Changed Scald's power from 80 to 60.
  • Removed fog from Viridian Forest (should improve game speed).
  • Renamed "X Special" to "X Sp. Atk". (Gen 6)
  • Removed rocks blocking Route 9.
  • Expanded Route 11.
  • The Trainer class "Cooltrainer" is now "Ace Trainer". (Gen 6)
  • Changed Bicycle theme to a slightly less ear-grating one.
  • Reverted Raichu's front sprite to its original Black/White sprite (removed custom sprite).
  • Reverted Weezing's front sprite to its original Black/White sprite (removed custom sprite).
  • Reverted Scyther's front sprite to its original Black/White sprite (removed custom sprite).
  • Changed the layout of Pokémon Centers (Gen 6)
  • Changed the battle entry animations using Luka S.J.'s "EliteBattle_EntryAnimations".
  • Edited Mulch descriptions (Weird maniacs from other regions are no longer hunting for them).
  • Changed overworld sprite of TMs from the Mystery Dungeon sprite to a yellow Poké Ball. (Gen 6)
-Fixes-

• Key items in the S.S. Anne's main quest are removed after the quest is finished.
  • Sound now plays when using "Sweet Scent" outside of battle.
  • You can now hear the cry of the Primeape outside Mt. Moon.
  • You can now hear the cry of the Meowth on the S.S. Anne.
  • You can no longer walk through the wall in the Dig house in Cerulean City.
  • Changed text colour in the "Money box" from white to black when selling items.
  • Signs are now visible outside of Gyms.
  • Fixed a bug with the trophy for defeating Lt. Surge.
  • Fixed a typo in the conversation with Bill.
  • Lt. Surge says "TM72" instead of "TM74".
  • Changed the dialogue with the Safari Warden's Brother so that the text isn't misplaced.
  • Fixed an issue where you couldn't use Teleport to return to Pallet Town.
  • Fixed an issue where Players could interact with a PC without facing it directly.

goranthegreat

i love this! please do continue with this project

Back