• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Decapitalization of Pokémon Emerald's disassembly

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2019
    Hello!

I've just finished decapping the Pokémon Emerald disassembly, and I want to share it to anyone that might have an use for it.

It's a best-effort attempt (lots of search & replace and Notepad++'s formatting features so I didn't risk mistyping anything), I might have missed some evil all-caps words, if you notice any please let me know.

The first commit is the actual decapitalization, the second one is a small change to the text input window so it will switch from upper to lower case after you input the first uppercase character, somewhat like a smartphone's virtual keyboards would do.

I think it makes it easier and more natural to input nicknames and the player's name in a properly capitalized way, but feel free to revert it if it doesn't suit your tastes.

The repository is on Github, Wyrserth/pokeemerald, sorry but can't post the full link yet. Hope it will help someone out there!

Last edited:
    Back