• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] [Emerald] New map bug: Opening a menu changes which person I control?

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2023
    Hi there! New user here. I'm trying to make a hack of Emerald version. So far I've made and inserted some new maps with Amap (1.92?), new scripts with XSE, and edited some item and Pokemon data. But while I was testing one of my new maps shortly after insertion, I encountered an extremely weird bug.

When I go near a certain person event in my new map and then open and close a menu, I suddenly take control of that person. My original player sprite remains motionless where it is, and my inputs start affecting the new person event. He remains fixed in position relative to the camera. Getting into a battle, changing maps, and opening the menu don't help, but flying and taking a warp seem to fix it.

Has anyone ever heard of an issue like this, or know how to fix it? If anyone could help, I'd really appreciate it; I'm frankly stumped and I want to know how to keep this from happening before I move ahead with making more new maps.

I'm including some screenshots below to illustrate the issue.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2023
    Alright, never mind. I found a thread further down that seems to indicate that it's a bug with the "look down" movement type. The solution was just in my reach...! ^^7

Well, ignore this thread, I guess. Unless you happen to know of some magical way to fix it.

Back