• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Tool✓] [FR] Trouble getting the Pokemon Expansion Mod to play nice with scripts

Years
  • Hi there! I'm an absolute newbie, so forgive me if I'm asking a ridiculous question. Essentially, the gist of my problem is that using the givepokemon command seems to stop working after I add the Dynamic Pokemon Expansion mod. I tried copy-pasting a "give bulbasaur" script into a generic FR rom and it worked perfectly. Then, I copied that same script into a rom with the Dynamic Pokemon Expansion mod. The script runs fine until it actually gets to the givepokemon command, where at that point it softlocks and my character can't move. I can't seem to find a problem with the script, so I'm assuming that there's just something wrong with how I'm putting scripts into ROMs or there's some special method to giving pokemon with the mod. Also, I was wondering if perhaps my chronology might be the problem. Should I add make edits with XSE and the Advance Map tool, then add the expansion instead of the inverse? If anybody has any insight or any relevant sources that you could link me to, that would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
    Years
  • OK! I just remembered that you have to add the CFRU after this mod or things get wonky. I forgot that. After adding it, things seem to be working fine. However, I'm now having a separate issue. You see, it seems like newly added pokemon's learnsets don't work properly. Snower had garbage move data and Archeops had nothing at all. If anybody knows anything about this, please let me know. I'm gonna try redoing everything and seeing if that works. Thanks in advance.

Years
  • I figured it out. I'm dumb. Basically, if you don't touch either the Dynamic Pokemon Expansion or the CFRU's expanded learnset and you edit the CFRU learnset to include every pokemon, then it works perfectly.

Back