• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New to forums, heartgold team help

Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2012
i'm a newbie here.
i need advice with my heartgold potential team. I have beaten elite four once and am currently discovering kanto. My core team consists of :
draini (will evolve to dragonite)
typhlosion
pupitar(will evolve to tyranitar)

i'm keen to keep the following but flexible
piloswine(will evolve to mamoswine)
flaafy(will evolve to amphoras)

i'm not sure which one of these i should fill it with
slowbro
tangrowth
bronzong
starmie
(or any other ideas)
thanks
i am anti-legendary ( i have some but don't like using them) and cannot trade

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
DVK, please don't mini-mod. Reporting is all you need to do. Anyway, moving to in-game team help forum. When you need help with in-game teams, like the name suggests, this is the correct place to post. :)

7Mufasa7

Velohsytea
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2014
i'm a newbie here.
i need advice with my heartgold potential team. I have beaten elite four once and am currently discovering kanto. My core team consists of :
draini (will evolve to dragonite)
typhlosion
pupitar(will evolve to tyranitar)

i'm keen to keep the following but flexible
piloswine(will evolve to mamoswine)
flaafy(will evolve to amphoras)

i'm not sure which one of these i should fill it with
slowbro
tangrowth
bronzong
starmie
(or any other ideas)
thanks
i am anti-legendary ( i have some but don't like using them) and cannot trade

starmie is a good special attacker but lacks bulk so it tends to die fast. i used to use one but if it didnt 1 hit it was toast. slowbro is pretty slow but i like him for he can take a few hits.
bronzong i cant think of anything he can do except be a support for your team. reflect, light screen, ect.

tangrowth im not that familiar with. but for your team look into tentacruel or lapras (surf users too)

keep the mamoswine. hes pretty decent.

Back