• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Frequent Crashes/Freezes in my Pokemon Platinum Hack

Years
  • OK, so I use PPRE to edit trainers, Pokemon Stats and Wild Encounters.

After I'm done doing part of the hack, I click "Write Rom" to make it. I change the created file to .nds since I don't know how to use XDelta on PPRE. So, I use NitroExplorer to insert more changes that I did.

I start playing my hack on DeSmuME and when me and my rival enter Lake Verity, It crashes.

Other Crashes/Freezes include:
    Encounter with Rival at Route 203
    Entrance to Route 206
    Encounter with Dawn/Lucas at Route 207
    First Time at Sunyshore City
    Talking to Roark in Oreburgh Mine
    Being in the line of sight of the Hiker who gives you Rock Smash

If someone knows how to fix this problem, I would greatly appreciate it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2022
    The rom gets corrupt if you use PPRE AT ALL. thats why it corrupt. instead use other programs, you can't use PPRE even for absolutely anything. thankfully nothing is unique to PPRE, only downside is the other programs need you to use nitroexplorer3 and get the narc files out of the rom, and there multiple programs, as opposed to PPRE being a all in one. i guess the creator knew because they made a PPRE2, but it sucks and is hard to use, and so they now are making a PPRE3. but it's underdeveloped. in the end, just use literally any other program then PPRE. sadly there is no way to recover or fix the problem. You must restart the hack project with a fresh rom. if you edited any narc files, you can inject them to the new rom for a kickstart.

Sorry mods for necroposting, but this topic is the ONLY one on the internet you can find when searching about freeze problems with the hack software. i decided it warranted necroposting, just so future people searching the problem, get an answer.

I would however, recommend arguably making a copy of your rom project, to open in PPRE, as it's map tool lets you see what trainer ID's correspond to what maps. Altho you can't edit anything without corrupting, simply knowing what trainer ID's your looking for is useful, as you can open your main project with a different trainer editing tool.

Last edited:
    Back