• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gender Differences

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
  • I have a huge thing against evolutions that only affect one gender and leave the other practically useless, as Combee and Salandit being female-only evolutions showed. Doesn't help that they had to make the useless males way too common just to make it so hard to get Vespiquen and Salazzle.

Both lines not getting a male evolution was a missed opportunity. Look at how Burmy has a split gender-based evolution path, and while Mothim and Wormadam do suck they are least there and don't leave a certain Burmy gender entirely useless.
    I agree! There's a lot of cool stuff they could do with more split gender-based evolution and I wish they made more Pokémon like that. I thought they were done with gender exclusives by now but then they made Salazzle evolve like that so... :( I'm hoping a bunch of these Pokémon will get male evolutions in future games, but I won't hold my breath since it seems cross-generational evolutions are kinda a thing of the past.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Yeah. Burmy concept was great along with espur on their gender-based evolution it make things not strongly strict, but like only spefic gender, sometimes is hard when female ratio is lower than male ratio

Maya

Fairy-type Fanatic
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    I really like how some pokemon have gender differences. I think they should try to include them more often where possible; they just add a really nice bit of detail. Not to mention they help to make your pokemon unique (like if your friend has one of the opposite gender).

Back