• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Game Idea] Pokemon: Dregs project

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2020
    I have no game design or coding experience, but I have an idea for a Pokemon game that I've been planning during the quarantine. I call it the "Pokemon: Dregs" project.

The general idea of the game is that it is an entirely new region that only uses Pokemon that are widely considered to be "terrible" Pokemon up through Gen 7, which I defined as having a base stat total of less than or equal to 475. There might be some diamonds in the rough in that group, such as my favorite Pokemon Breloom, but in general all of the Pokemon you can get in the game are the ones that rarely anybody uses or cares about. The starter Pokemon for the region will be the elemental monkeys from Gen 5 that nobody likes. The only legendary Pokemon that you can find are Phione and Regigigas, which are usually at the end of all "Worst Legendary Pokemon" list videos on YouTube.

Meanwhile, there is Team Supreme, who wish to eradicate all of the terrible Pokemon in the region and replace them with what they consider to be "good" Pokemon, and their Pokemon come from the list of OU and Uber Pokemon from Smogon's tier list. The final boss will only use pseudo-legendary Pokemon and the actual starters that are OU or Uber. Their teams will be semi-competitive in that their move sets, natures, IVs and EVs will be taken straight from Smogon recommendations.

I expect this game to be a challenge, so I am making it so that each gym leader and Elite Four member will have teams of 6; but they will all have legal level-up move sets and the TM move that is on the TM that you get when you beat the leader. I want to include the physical/special split and reusable TMs, and any trade evolutions will either be through level-up at a pre-determined level or will evolve when exposed to the item they would normally need to be holding when traded. I want to limit the necessity of HM moves to traverse the map, as the teams you make will be terrible enough without needing an HM slave, but to require some puzzles to be solves with the better moves, such as Strength and Waterfall.

So far I have a list of Pokemon to be included, including small nerfs to 3 Pokemon that I wanted to include but are slightly over the base 475 stat total; team comps and move sets for gym leaders, Elite Four members, and rival battles; a rough sketch of a map, along with the themes of the names of the locations (which will be mineral-themed); a list of Pokemon to be used by Team Supreme; lists of which Pokemon will be found in each location; themes of the different trainer classes you can encounter; and an in-depth plot outline for what I want to make into the story. I have attached the documents that I have been using while fleshing out the idea for people to look at.

I have recently picked up RPG Maker and am slowly learning how to use Pokemon Essentials, but I am looking for feedback and any additional input I might want to consider, as I am new to the whole "game-making" scene. Please, let me know what you guys think! I've been very excited to actually start working on a project like this, and I want to make it as best as I can!

Attachments

• Revised Pokedex and Team Comps.xlsx
      34.4 KB · Views: 8
    • Pokemon Dregs outline.docx
      168.8 KB · Views: 7
    • Labeled Detritus Overworld Map 1.png
      Labeled Detritus Overworld Map 1.png
      102.2 KB · Views: 26

Karthick__

Pokemon Fan Game Developer
    Years
  • Looking good...it's totally new, do you have any map idea's ? And own tilesets music ex,.. I like to work your project..Create Discord account if you have then replay this post..

Back