• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why was Greninja cut in Pokkén Tournament, including in its Deluxe Switch version?

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2021
    What's up, guys? Greninja has not been included as a playable battle character Pokémon, as an NPC support, or background character Pokémon in Pokkén Tournament, including its deluxe Switch version. I just want to know why you think Greninja was cut from both platform versions of this game. Please let me know your response, thanks. :)

pkmin3033

I wouldn't say Greninja was cut if it was never included in the game in the first place - it was just never included. In order for it to be cut it would have needed to have been included in the Wii U version and then taken out of the Switch version.

As for why it wasn't included? Perhaps simply a lack of space, or an inability to make it different from other Pokemon in the game. But Pokken has a very small roster as it is, and plenty of popular Pokemon didn't get included in it. Roster choices in fighting games are strange things sometimes...I mean, look at Smash Ultimate.

Back