• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Battle] (HELP) BUGS AFTER ADD NEW MOVES IN FIRE RED

Years
  • I NEED TO HELP ME TO REPAIR THESE BUGS

Hi.
    Several months ago I expanded the Attack table in my hack, Fire Red 1.0 base. I expanded it to 511 attacks, just like the MrDollSteak base.

After that, I found some bugs when using some of the new attacks, and those bugs occur after expanding the attack table.

First bug: When a Pokémon uses Disable and deactivates one of the new attacks that the player's Pokemon will use, the Battle Script texts cause bugs.

Second Bug: When using a new water attack in a Pokemon that has the Water Absorb ability, if it has its HP full, it also causes bugs in the Battle Script text.

Note: I expanded the Attack table using PGE and also manually.

Years
  • I'm still having trouble with this one... I've resorted to removing water absorb, flash fire, volt absorb and disable from my rom, giving pokes their hidden abilities instead.... If anyone has the answer to this it'd be great!

TaviTurnip

Artist and Streamer | Also a turnip
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I've come across a different type of issue by expanding move tables (after repointing everything and making sure there is no data overlap/conflict/similar)

As soon as I expand the move tables, even if I don't add anything to it, all attacks suddenly deal maximum damage at all times. I haven't been able to find anything concrete that would cause this and it's very confusing lol, has anyone heard of something like this happening? It seems like the other issues in this thread are pretty rare too since nobody had solutions, so...

Back