• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

It Doesn't Need a Mega!

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    Milotic doesn't need one. I know they planned it, but really it's pretty good on it's own. It's stats are solid and it's bulky enough to take a hit and dish out enough damage. Recover on it also helps immensely. Wanna know what really really really really really needs a Mega? FLYGON.

BugTypeAficionado

Bug types are so hi-technicaaaal!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2017
    Oh boy! A chance to rant about Megas!

Ok, no, in all seriousness, I thought Mega Evolutions were the coolest thing when they were announced (keep in mind Gen 6 was the first generation I got to witness from the moment it was announced, having started part way through Gen 5). They were like, Super Saiyan forms for Pokemon. And boy, they sure were for some Pokemon (cough, Rayquaza and Mewtwo, cough). But, ignoring the overpoweredness AND the very obvious fan service, one thing that really annoys me about Megas even today is that they essentially neutered a lot of lines.

Mawile, Medicham, Manectric, Banette, Absol, Sableye, Sharpedo, and Camerupt. These are Pokemon that I think should not have gotten Mega Evolutions (and ironically enough, they're all Gen 3 Pokemon. Sorry Hoenn. On the bright side, at least you didn't get incredibly underrepresented like Unova did. At least you got ORAS.) Not saying all of these Pokemon should get evolutions, but for most of them, it would definitely help. Some, like Mawile and Sableye, could've even used two new stages, as their stats were on par with only the upper half of a lot of unevolved Pokemon. But since they have Megas, they have no hopes of getting evolutions, unless Mega Evolutions are retconned altogether, which is unlikely.

Back