• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] How I can create a new ability?

Years
  • Hi!
    I'm pretty new and I don't know a lot.
    So I have a question: how can I create new abilities?

Pls help me!

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    It depends on what you want the ability to do. Search the code for a similar ability. e.g., if I wanted to add Soul Heart I might search for Moxie by using Ctrl+Shift+F and using the term :MOXIE.

HM100

HM100 the Techno
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    For me, I have done even new abilities. One of them I made is Maxthin which will disable either damaging or status moves when a Pokémon makes contact to a target with that ability.

Variants of intimidate are easy as well. I had made two ones: Intimidoom aka lower special attack of every opponent when the Pokémon enters battle and another one named Intimilow and works like intimidate but lowers Speed instead.

Last but not least, you could make a variation of Download ability. I have made one named Netplay that ups user's Defense or Special Defense depending on target's powers.

Back