• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] New fan game "Pokemon Through Time"

Years
  • Hello everyone. I'm starting up a new project and I was wondering if anyone wanted to make any suggestions or would like to help me make this fan game. I'm debating about whether I should and fakemon or not and the idea of this fan game is that you follow the main protagonist though his life in the Pokemon world and the decisions you make in life can affect how the game is played and how it'll end. I've currently got an artist working on some concept sketches and once they're done I'd like everyone's opinion on it.

Quick summary: Making a fan game and this is to talk and make suggestions about what I should do. Also currently recruiting.

Last edited:

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I'd suggest you come up with a much more in-depth idea of what would make your game special. You've given no information at all except an ultra-generic plot summary that applies to literally every Pok?mon game. I can't speak for others, but when I'm considering whether it's worth joining a team or even giving advice, I look at what the game has to offer that sets it apart. You have told us nothing about that.

Set the groundwork yourself before you expect us to throw ideas and applications at you. What concepts do you want to introduce? Do you have any unique feature ideas? How would a short summary of the story go?

NewMew

Sephiroth
    Years
  • Dont have an evil team tying to take over the world. Dont have 8 gyms. And lastly dont make it grindy to a point where its monotonous. If you can post up a basic storyline "dont give away entire plot!" then we can give much better advice.

Years
  • I am new here but i feel like i a pro at pokemon, not making fan games though however i love playing fan games!
    Good luck to you and i hope you make a fun, interesting pokemon game, i would love to test your alpha games before release ;)
    Inregards to fakemon, i personally avoid roms that have fakemon but im sure there are tons of people that are always on the look out for new pokemon rom with fakemon, i do understand your dilemma. I would play a hack where Snorlax, Lapras, Miltank, Durant and others evolve.
    As you have an artist designing fakemon, that make me believe you leaning towards fakemon in your game! I think it should be your call as its your game. The 8 gym badges is common, I think it would be cool if you had 10 gym and badges but before you enter a gym you have to complete a side mission or something... I prefer a better region over more regions! I hope you come up with that one thing that makes a rom hack a great rom hack!
    Dragonite.png

Last edited:
    Years
  • I've pretty much been brainstorming the idea over the last couple of months and how does this sound. I'm pretty much pulling a dragon ball xenoverse here but after you complete the generic main story and become the champ the real game begins. The evil team will then begin to manipulate the past as well as the future and the main character has to find and catch celebi and travel through time and stop the evil team while avoiding his past and future self.

Years
  • So far I'm still recruiting people to help join with this project. As a sneak peak of what is to come I've made a few ride Pokemon for the character with Latios and Latias being for soar and Mantine for dive. If anyone is interested in joining just send me a private message. Positions include: Scripting, mapping, sprite design, tile-set design and music.

Latios: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YCecyDQ2Jfhm6zZGqelbF7upupxYrxIy

Mantine: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YUlsVkhfJWLhIcgFd_B1omByK14hWuIu

Back