• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Event wild Pokémon on certain day

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2020
    Alright so I want to make an event (not an RPG Maker XP event, I mean an actual Pokémon event) where if its a certain day, lets say on Halloween, then a wild Haunter would appear in any map as a wild Pokémon with a 1/4000 chance. But this would only happen on 31st October and not any other day. Also I want the Haunter to be a 100% chance shiny and form 1.

Years
  • Make a new script above "Main" and past this code:
    Code:
    def pbTrickorTreat
      m = Time.new.month
      d = Time.new.day
      if m == 10 && d == 31 #Checks if it is October 31th
        $halloween = true
      else
        $halloween = false
      end
    end

On the map with the Haunter create an event in Parallel Process running the script: pbTrickorTreat

This has the game check if it is Halloween as soon as you load the map.
    Now go to Pokemon_Forms and make a section for Haunter, it should look something like this.
    Code:
    MultipleForms.register(:HAUNTER,{
    "getFormOnCreation"=>proc{|pokemon|
       if $halloween == true
         pokemon.makeShiny
         next 1
       else
         next 0
       end
    }
    })

I am not sure how to just make one species shiny =/
    also I have not fully tested this so
    if it throws up an error let me know.
    I hope this helps!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 2, 2018
    Would
    Code:
    Events.onWildPokemonCreate+=proc {|sender,e|
       pokemon=e[0]
       if $game_switches[Halloween]
         pokemon.makeShiny
       end
    perhaps help although I'm not sure how you'd incorporate it into your script, there is something in settings that sets all wild Pokemon to be shiny, perhaps you can change that around to be solely for your switch.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 2, 2018
    Thank you Trick Tester!
    I have updated my post to include Haunter being shiny.

No worries, I'm super new to coding and I took it just from the basic shiny script on essentials already so I didn't really do much ^^

Years
  • I took the more difficult path and opened the script editor and used the Ctrl + Shift + F to search for shiny, and after finding a few shiny bit that didn't change just 1 pokemon shiny I said screw it, someone else can do this part XD

Back