• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Making an item work like a Stone

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2020
    I'm working on making Trade evolutions not be the bulls**t that they are by removing them, and some Pokémon don't make sense to evolve by levelup instead, like Kadabra - I want to make it evolve with a Twisted Spoon. I've changed all of the values on it to match existing evolution stones, and added Twisted Spoon Item Use evolution method to Kadabra's list of evolutions, and upon using a Twisted Spoon on Kadabra, it says "It won't have any effect.", just like using a revive on a Pokémon that's not fainted, a Potion on a max HP Pokémon, a status heal item on a Pokémon that doesn't have a status effect, etc. How do I fix this? I changed ALL the values to match what the existing evolution stones have and even swapped the Field Script to match what they use, but it still won't work.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2020
    You're missing the part where you need to modify the "hidden" item effect table: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296729

That...looks like the dumbest reason for an error yet XD Thanks :P
    After spending about 15 minutes re-reading the entire thing I think I understand what to do lol...might also just see if I can make it "levelup with item", if it's possible to add that evolution method...IDK which would be simpler...

Last edited:
    Back