• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script✓] Pokémon FireRed: Disabling the One Island event (SOLVED)

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2023
    Pok?mon FireRed: Disabling the One Island event (SOLVED)

I'm working on a simple romhack for a friend of mine, who wanted something different from a standard randomized Pok?mon FireRed playthrough. As a part of this, I want to disable the One Island event that takes place after beating the Cinnabar Gym.

If possible, I want to change the script so that instead of giving you the option to go to One Island, Bill instead gives you HM06 (Rock Smash). However, although I can find the strings of the event with Advance-Text, when I search for the offset of these strings XSE comes up with nothing.

Alternatively, I just want to disable the event entirely. I have noticed that the script that triggers upon defeating the Gym Leader is different for Blaine in comparison to that of the other Gym Leaders, so I assume the event must be activated here, but I don't know which parts are safe to erase and which parts would break the game when erased.

Could anybody look into this and give me a hand?

Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • The full script can be found at 0x166FCD. I have no idea why its not showing up properly in A-Map, but oh well :/

Here's an edited version of the script which has Bill give you HM06:

Spoiler:

Just compile it and don't do anything with the offsets it give you. Since we're unable to properly edit it in A-Map this script will go to 0x166FCD before immediately branching away to the new dynamic offset chosen for @Repoint.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2022
    Oh, thanks for the response, i want to change this script too. I have a question, Where is the location of these script in the A-Map? I tried to searching this script, but i can?t find it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2023
    I've just been able to test this script and it worked like a charm! Thank you so much!

Oh, thanks for the response, i want to change this script too. I have a question, Where is the location of these script in the A-Map? I tried to searching this script, but i can?t find it.

It doesn't seem to be displayed in A-Map at all for some reason. But by making 0x166FCD redirect to a new script, you can essentially change the event to whatever you want.

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2022
    I see, one question, How do you know that this offset (0x166FCD) corresponds to the One Island Event? which program indicates this? thanks. I have this dude because I´m searching scripts that no appear i n the A-Map (For example, the first battle agaisnt the Rival in teh Oak's Lab and this one).

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • I see, one question, How do you know that this offset (0x166FCD) corresponds to the One Island Event? which program indicates this? thanks. I have this dude because I´m searching scripts that no appear i n the A-Map (For example, the first battle agaisnt the Rival in teh Oak's Lab and this one).

I was able to find the correct offset by opening a ROM in a HEX editor, going to 0x166F88 (the incorrect script offset displayed in A-Map) and backtracking until I reached the start of the script.

The first battle with your rival is actually fully visible in A-Map. The three script tiles in the middle of the lab have a second layer underneath, just move the ones on top out of the way and you'll be able to see it.

Back