• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Play Movie" Script Error

Djaco75

DAJ 775
Years
Hi All,

When I want to play a movie, nothing happens.
I have put my movie in my directory in a new folder called movies (yes, it is an AVI file) and made an event with the code: $scene = Scene_Movie.new("INTRO")

But when I press the action button on the event, the screen flashes once and nothing happens.

Does anyone know how to fix this? All help would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
Years
So, I'm pretty sure the play movie thing is very fickle in Essentials (only works with the rigth codecs, the specific formats, etc). I've never gotten it to work.

When I was working on my game jam project, one of the things I tried to do was get video to play. Unfortunately, it didn't work. Someone later pointed out to me a script that does work:
http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/6392-zeus-video-player/
If you notice that it doesn't work on importing it, the way I fixed it was by removing the entire commented out section at the top:
K47Cb1j.png

hopefully this helps!

Back