• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon MMORPG

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
  • Hello everyone,
    Long time since ive been here i was working on a pokemon RPG not made in rm2k or anything and my computer totally stuffed up lol so i lost it :( but the good thing is ive decided i might make a Pokemon MMORPG.

The point to this post is some Market Research for my game (that will ofcource be free) if any developers or readers of this forum would kindly awnser me some questions and post them back here it would be greatly appreiated.

Would you be a dedicated player?
    Can you contribute to this game? (graphics ect)
    What would you expect from a real PM MMOrpg?
    Any special feature's you would like to sugest?
    And lastly Any Comments You wish to say?

It would be greatly appreciated of the awnsering of these questions.

ps. Mind my english i faild lots of times LoL :D

Budgie_boy

A bold new journey awaits
    Years
  • rm2kdev said:
    Hello everyone,
    Long time since ive been here i was working on a pokemon RPG not made in rm2k or anything and my computer totally stuffed up lol so i lost it :( but the good thing is ive decided i might make a Pokemon MMORPG.

The point to this post is some Market Research for my game (that will ofcource be free) if any developers or readers of this forum would kindly awnser me some questions and post them back here it would be greatly appreiated.

Would you be a dedicated player?
    Can you contribute to this game? (graphics ect)
    What would you expect from a real PM MMOrpg?
    Any special feature's you would like to sugest?
    And lastly Any Comments You wish to say?

It would be greatly appreciated of the awnsering of these questions.

ps. Mind my english i faild lots of times LoL :D

Ok then, since I'm also working on a MMORPG(well, trying to get it as a MMORPG) With friends from the community. I would greatly appreciate it if you could join the MYSTIC FOG Team...

It's with RMXP (find the download on google somehwere). And it is a very big game.

Just look up the Pok?mon: Mystic Fog thread, it's on my sig.

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
    Years
  • Hi Budgie Boy Honerd that u invited me to join your team :) but i dont use rmXP or any "Game Making" tool sorry :P i program my own engine editors and tools that i need to make a game Thanks for the invite tho.
    ALSO i checked out your topic your game seems nice :) mite i trouble you if i could possably have the tileset? and charset? as i dont have any pokemon ones lol ^^ but honerd u asked me 2 join still LOL :P thanks

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    rm2kdev said:
    Hi Budgie Boy Honerd that u invited me to join your team :) but i dont use rmXP or any "Game Making" tool sorry :P i program my own engine editors and tools that i need to make a game Thanks for the invite tho.
    ALSO i checked out your topic your game seems nice :) mite i trouble you if i could possably have the tileset? and charset? as i dont have any pokemon ones lol ^^ but honerd u asked me 2 join still LOL :P thanks
    This dude is cool. Which programming language are you using? VB still?

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
    Years
  • lol you think im cool :P thanks :)

welllll,
    ill be using vb yes but on a more lower scale :P
    vb is only going to be used to make a client that receves infomation and displayes it the server will be totally c++ and run on a linux server =D for total stability :D still disapointed that no one has awnserd my questions XD but yeah thanks for talking i guess :P

ExtraOrdinary

ExtraOrdinary Team Brain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2008
    Gonna you make it just like NetBattle?
    Or planning to make a full RPG game?

Thanks in advance!

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
    Years
  • Full RPG style :D i need some helpers tho add me on msn if you can help
    [email protected]

if you can help with
    Graphics
    -Tilesets
    -Charsets
    -Battle Poses Front and Back (of the first 251mons)

then add me

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
    Years
  • Oh yeah 1 last thing
    Extra Ord can u add me on msn plz so i can talk 2 u about some "programing things involving DX Bitblt u noe wut im on bout(no i dont need help its reverse offering of this)lol jus add me XD"

mattgcn

Fakemon Lurker
    Years
  • Ah..the MMORPG's. Hope this one doesn't go the way of the other seven million introduced this year..

Although, try not to use the name Pokemon Online when you name it. I know it's a common-thought name, but it's been in use for a while...No need to arouse confusion over which is which.

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
    Years
  • hmm okay i will change the name to something like
    PokeMMO
    or sumin like dat its coming along well so far :D

Budgie_boy

A bold new journey awaits
    Years
  • Yeah not a problem to use my stuff but your gonna have to ask those who made the rest up. Also could I ask that the names of all those who offered (not just me and the TEAM) to help be put in the credits.

I also hope the very best in future and good luck in your MMORPG Pok?mon game.

What about the Name:
    Pok?mon: (The) New World
    or
    Pok?mon: InterWorld

Ionem

.biomechanic.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2005
    Why not just call it Pok?mon Online? Or if you want something gimmicky, Pok?monline. Hah!

As for graphics, just look around. It's really, really easy to find the graphics for the tiles and for the pok?mon. It's a bit tougher to find character chars, but they're around.

ExtraOrdinary

ExtraOrdinary Team Brain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2008
    Sorry dude!
    But I am too busy on my POK?PC.......

It's very different from the rest 7 million MMORPGs!
    Buy if ya need any help, "pray to god" XD!!

mattgcn

Fakemon Lurker
    Years
  • Ionem said:
    Why not just call it Pok?mon Online? Or if you want something gimmicky, Pok?monline. Hah!

As for graphics, just look around. It's really, really easy to find the graphics for the tiles and for the pok?mon. It's a bit tougher to find character chars, but they're around.

Well, because it's taken. I know it's not the most creative name, but it's better to know first to try not to cause confusion.

Though I liek Pok?monline :)

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
    Years
  • Hey GREATE Name LOL POke Nation thats the new name if thats okay with you
    ALSO my mate Seipheroth made a pokemon mmorpg but never told any one its pretty much just a basic engine and yeah he gave that to me so credits fo Seipheroth for the Base Engeine it uses direct x 7 ill post some screenies of me in the mmorpg rite now okai and the mapeditor.

And Extra Ord i dont need help lol i wanted to talk to you about DX no help neede here :P

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
    Years
  • Okay Sorry Guys i have changed my mind about making a pokemon mmorpg i really dont have the time XD i should stick with an offline rpg maker or something i can work on occasionally sorry :(

Mew9000

GMMew
    Years
  • Heh,I think this will be great..I like to help,but I only use Game Maker(REGISTERED >:) ) and can make Online stuff/3d(not to brag).Anyways,nice Screen shot?

~Mew9000

Back