• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are some unusual challenges you give yourself?

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2021
    Hey guys,
    I thought this could be a post about some challenges we give ourselves to make our Pokemon gaming more fun, that aren't widespread like Nuzlockes and monotypes?
    I've been thinking about some themes I would enjoy, such as
    -birds only, including Golduck, Blaziken, Empoleon for flying weakness coverage
    -Fish only, including stunfisk, eelektross, mayyybe even garchomp (shark!) for water weakness coverage
    -Canines only (dogs and foxes, you can get a full team with different typing. Use Vaporeon as water dog! could include the dog or fox-type eeveelutions)
    -Cats only (same. Use Vaporeon as water cat! can include catlike eeveelutions like espeon and sylveon).
    One challenge I am doing is to take all the butterflies to the league. It started by pure accident when I randomly evolved a butterfree in Sun and thought it was too adorable in Refresh to get rid of. I've beaten AS with beautifly AND dustox on the same team, I'm currently replaying Kalos with Vivillon, and I had Volcarona in White (although that's not as much of a challenge). I'm missing Mothim and Venomoth basically.
    What are some of yours?

Back