• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] Would you enjoy a game where you can add your fakemon?

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2023
    Hello, I'm new to this fan-game thing.
    I'm playing around as preparation to making my own game (non-pokemon pet raising game).
    Here are my plans for the game, I would love to hear what you think.

1. General
    use pokemon essentials.
    have all [generation 1-7] pokemon.
    animated sprites.

2.region pokedex- a mix of pokemon from genration 4 to 7.
    other pokemon are obtainable in a special map where the wild pokemon are randomized.

3. Fakemon Editor
    It will allow creating your own fakemon in the game, and everyone playing this game
    can find & download your fakemon through a website. I thought it may be nice for artists,
    which wanna easily create a game with their sprite recolors/fusions/fakemon, and advertise them.
    I may have an option to create a "fake pokedex" which people can download fully & play the game with.

4. AlterEvo stone
    "Turns some pokemon to an alternative evolution." based on popular pokemon theories.
    - Charmander [fainted]> cubone
    - Ditto [holding Psychich Memory]> mew
    - Luvdisc > alomomola
    - Venonat > butterfree
    - Metapod > venomoth
    - unown [spell PALKIA with 6 unown in party] > Palkia
    - unown [spell DIALGA with 6 unown in party] > Dialga

5. Prizma stone
    "Changes a pokemon's appearance, giving it a rare color or rare form"
    - Onix > Crystal onix (onix form: Crystal type )
    - Rhyhorn > Pinkan Rhyhorn (Rhyhorn form: Normal/Rock)

6. Pongo Stick
    a key item, like Bike. allow jumping back up from ledges.

7. starter pokemon:
    Instead of 3 starters, have a wide selection- one pokemon for each type [except normal]

Grass: Petilil
    Water: Buizel
    Fire: Litleo
    Bug: Bugwaddle [sewaddle form-pure Bug]
    Dark: Zorua
    Dragon: Axew
    Electric: shinx
    Fairy: Togepi
    Fighting: Timburr
    Flying: Swabfly [Swablu form- pure Flying type]
    Ghost- Duskull
    Ground: Mudswine [ swinub form- pure ground]
    Ice: Vanillite
    psychic- Solosis
    Poison: Nidoran M
    Rock - Roggenrolla
    Steel - Aron

Last edited:
    Years
  • I think it's a nice idea (adding your own fakemons in the game). I've been actually planning same kind of feature in my game (although it's not pokemon game, simply inspired by it - I'm not even using RPG maker).

I think in the case traditional pokemon like game, what makes it difficult to add new fakemons (or other characters) by the player, are the sprites: where do the player gets the sprites and how he/she will put it in the game - that is, as a player and not as a developer. Getting an original cry could also be difficult for average player. Maybe this feature could be made more accessible to average players by including stock images and sounds which could be combined into new sprites and cries?

Anyway, it's a very nice idea. However, I'm not sure how easy it is to implement if you're just starting out... I'm also interested how others feel about this kind of feature.

Last edited:
    Back